EVMan

Re: Precondition/departure not selectable

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Hmm,
So i guess all these features will stop working, once the subscriptions for connected services ( Network and apps) expire ?
I guess before 2016 models, everything was free for 4 years.
in 2017 and later it has become 3 years.

Any idea, how much are the yearly services after this ?
2017 33KWH Rex
Model 3 Long Range
Solar ToU Plan

alohart

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 pm

EVMan wrote:Any idea, how much are the yearly services after this ?
You could learn all of the various subscription costs by logging on to your BMW Connected Drive account. One of the Web pages lists the prices and supports buying subscriptions.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

EVMan

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:09 am

I looked up. While it was not clear, i think
New car comes with 4 years free services from date of first sale
After that , i guess , there is a bundle for $350 per year. But its not clear , what is included in the $350
What about CPO cars. Do they come with any new services ?
2017 33KWH Rex
Model 3 Long Range
Solar ToU Plan

jadnashuanh

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:12 am

Some stuff will continue to work without a subscription, as you can still use the iRemote app to check on the car and set departure times, etc. For my needs, I didn't renew, as I didn't feel it was worth the cost but your circumstances may be different.
Jim DeBruycker
2011 535i x-drive GT, 2014 i3 BEV
Soon (hopefully!) A 2021 X5 45e will replace the above

EVMan

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am

jadnashuanh wrote:Some stuff will continue to work without a subscription, as you can still use the iRemote app to check on the car and set departure times, etc. For my needs, I didn't renew, as I didn't feel it was worth the cost but your circumstances may be different.
Hmm. I thought all internet services including the above you mentioned will stop. Basically the cellular SIM card will stop working, and so will the app. The car does not have WI-Fi.
In fact , as the threat above points out, even some menus in the car are getting disabled.

I need the low cost charging feature. If that were to stop , i will need a EV smart charger

If the iRemote app works, then i guess , i will not need anything more.
My portal says the Remote services and eMobility will expire in 4 years
2017 33KWH Rex
Model 3 Long Range
Solar ToU Plan

alohart

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:29 am

EVMan wrote:New car comes with 4 years free services from date of first sale
After that , i guess , there is a bundle for $350 per year. But its not clear , what is included in the $350
The services likely depend on the market and maybe the model year. Four of the services included with our 2014 U.S. BEV are valid for 10 years. I can't recall whether Concierge Services was included, but it's not important to me.

Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information (RTTI) and Remote Services were valid for 3 years. I resubscribed to these services last November despite not being impressed with RTTI. I might not resubscribe to RTTI in November, but I value Remote Services which is the data connection to the Internet. The annual subscription costs for these services were $50 each, but BMW offered them at $30 each in a Black Friday sale.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

jadnashuanh

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 pm

I didn't renew anything after my free 3-year subscription expired, and I've continually been able to use the app to precondition the car and set departure times, which is all I really wanted. I figure I generally have a cellphone with me if I need to call for help (although the car can do that automatically), and I have an AAA membership to aid in towing, should it be required.
Jim DeBruycker

Gif

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:16 pm

EVMan wrote:I need the low cost charging feature. If that were to stop , i will need a EV smart charger
You can set this in the car so can’t see why remote services are relevant there. The only issue would seem to be changing the settings remotely if you needed to.

jadnashuanh

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:14 pm

All of the app functions will continue to work without renewing a subscription. And even without it, you can always change the programming in the car - the function doesn't go away, or at least hasn't, on mine in the USA.
Jim DeBruycker

EVMan

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Thank You.
I was planning to install a 2nd charger, and was thinking if i need to get a smart one.
2017 33KWH Rex
Model 3 Long Range
Solar ToU Plan

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”