No audio through bluetooth when YouTube is playing

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sipabit

I will neither confirm nor deny that YouTube is actually playing and for whom in the car. All I can say is that in the hypothetical situation that it is playing, the audio doesn't go through to use the car's speakers. It will show it connected to the phone, but no audio. When I "theoretically" switch to use bluetooth on an earpiece, the sound comes in just fine. Any thoughts on how to get sound back to the speakers like it may have done perfectly well 3 weeks ago?

Wondering if it's a safety thing that YouTube built into their app.

Okay, I'm thoroughly confused by your "hypothetically" and other oddities. Could you please just state it plainly? Are you saying "when playing YouTube on my phone, the audio does not go to the car via Bluetooth"?

It works fine for me, I've had YouTube movies playing on an iPad in the back seat, with the audio coming out of the car speakers via Bluetooth.

Sorry.
Yes, the audio from youtube stopped working for some reason. Not sure what's going on. Wondering if you have any suggestions for me on fixing it. I've already pointed the sound source to be from the car on youtube.

Iphone. Odd that it used to work but no longer. The screen on the i3 even indicates Youtube is playing, but there's no sound. Not muted in the Youtube app nor the phone and volume is definitely high enough in the car.

Back