joey003

Just Ordered my 2017!

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2017 i3 BEV today with slotted production for July.

Protonic Blue exterior with Loft Interior (Mega I think is the US equivalent). Premium and Tech packages, 19" wheels and sunroof.

I'm in love with this car. Can't wait to see the protonic blue in person when it finally comes. Still kind of can't believe that I'll never have to fuel up again!

harty601

Re: Just Ordered my 2017!

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Nice work Joey - I really like the protonic blue - sadly my wife wanted the White and (unusually!!) she got her way. Mine is not due to be delivered until late August (in the UK)

joey003

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Awesome! I love the white on it, as well as some of the greys/silvers. I was pretty torn on the colour but my wife insisted I go with the blue.

Didn't mention it, but it's expected to deliver in September at some point.

Maplewood

Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:16 pm

I live in the eastern US. My dealer tells me orders can be placed in 2 or 3 weeks. How are you ordering now? I also wish to go for the protonic blue, but am debating whether to buy or lease. This tech is changing so fast, I don't want an albatross instead of a car in 3 or 4 years. Any thoughts?

thefuturenow

Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Maplewood wrote:I live in the eastern US. My dealer tells me orders can be placed in 2 or 3 weeks. How are you ordering now? I also wish to go for the protonic blue, but am debating whether to buy or lease. This tech is changing so fast, I don't want an albatross instead of a car in 3 or 4 years. Any thoughts?
With the improved range the i3 REX could be your main car for many years to come and still be modern. Sure, there will be better but the i3 is already among the most advanced on the market. In most instances leases do yield the better deals.
i3 REX fully-loaded Giga owner| Tesla Model 3 Reservation Holder
(But could buy the revamped BMW i3 instead...)
EV enthusiast

joey003

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:02 am

Maplewood wrote:I live in the eastern US. My dealer tells me orders can be placed in 2 or 3 weeks. How are you ordering now? I also wish to go for the protonic blue, but am debating whether to buy or lease. This tech is changing so fast, I don't want an albatross instead of a car in 3 or 4 years. Any thoughts?
Production doesn't begin until July, and the dealer I was at had a handful of spots per month of production (or so they say). I've reserved a spot and put the order in, but maybe there's a certain time when they actually submit the orders to BMW prior to July manufacturing?

I've always owned my vehicles (I don't think there's a right or wrong regarding leasing/owning), but I'm at a point where I want to change vehicles more frequently and treat them like a monthly expense. Also kind of curious to see if lease end will line up with the Tesla Model 3 availability or if some other interesting EV comes out of BMW.

FrancisJeffries

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:40 am

I've ordered a 2017 i3Rex, due in the UK mid-August, they say, so delivered early September. We'll see: the present one took over 7 months to arrive :cry: . I wanted to stay with Orange, but they've replaced it with a horrible blue which I don't think "suits" the car at all.
I wanted the same colour as the present car so my friends wouldn't rib me for constantly changing my car - I'm keeping my personalised number - so they probably wouldn't have noticed! :lol:
Noteworthy cars I've owned previously: Lancia Aprilia ... 20kWh i3 Rex.

jadnashuanh

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:55 am

FWIW, the shipping time to the UK is quite a bit shorter than any part of the US, particularly if you're on the west coast!

Then, depending on when the car is finished, there aren't ships leaving daily, so it might sit at the docks for as much as a week or so. When you're anxiously waiting, that seems like eons! In the US, a presold vehicle gets some preference to a dealer's order for spec. I don't think the UK buys any i3's on 'spec'...they're all built to order for a customer.
Jim DeBruycker
2014 i3 BEV, 2021 X5 45e
(The i3 will be sold soon, <17K-miles, interested?)

joey003

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:51 am

FrancisJeffries wrote:I've ordered a 2017 i3Rex, due in the UK mid-August, they say, so delivered early September. We'll see: the present one took over 7 months to arrive :cry: . I wanted to stay with Orange, but they've replaced it with a horrible blue which I don't think "suits" the car at all.
I wanted the same colour as the present car so my friends wouldn't rib me for constantly changing my car - I'm keeping my personalised number - so they probably wouldn't have noticed! :lol:
Nice, congrats! Lol regarding the colour. I actually love the protonic blue, can't wait to see it in person.

Gif

Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:03 pm

FrancisJeffries wrote:I wanted the same colour as the present car so my friends wouldn't rib me for constantly changing my car - I'm keeping my personalised number - so they probably wouldn't have noticed! :lol:
I've done this once and my wife didn't notice :shock:

Return to “Buying the BMW i3”