ultraturtle

Re: Bigger Rex fuel tank

Surge wrote:I feel bad for you, but you acted on incorrect information.
There is NO difference in size in REx fuel tanks!

There was an error somewhere in the marketing chain; someone confused US gallons with UK gallons.
The tank in the US is the same size as in Europe!
The tank size for the US model is actually smaller - 1.9 gallons. See http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/ ... tions.aspx
Surge

I am sure Tom said that was an error, arising from confusion on US vs imperial gallons. And that in fact the tank size is the exact same.
NOT- Soon to be ordered:
i3 • Lodge interior • Tech package • DC fast charge • gray or white
Surge

Probably a good time to stop using the ridiculous US measurement units!

Tank size is 9 liters.
NOT- Soon to be ordered:
Surge

Sorry, you are correct ultraturtle.

I'm getting tired of all this misinformation BS on the cars.
First it was different, then it wasn't. Now it is. WTF?!

The dealers don't know much about the car. The tank is smaller...

The stupid REx can't be used manually in the US

I'm about to say enough and choose another car.
NOT- Soon to be ordered:
Surge

I am hoping in Canada is it a 9L tank.

The data is very confusing. On the BMW.com website it makes no mention of a smaller US gas tank. It lists the size as 9L.
NOT- Soon to be ordered:
BoMW

Surge wrote:Probably a good time to stop using the ridiculous US measurement units!

Tank size is 9 liters.

Agree its a 9 litre tank.

That is 2.4 gallons.

Actually it's 2.378 US gallons

Crickey, that is 0.398 more than my UK i3
Last edited by BoMW on Wed May 28, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My i3, collected 02/05/14---44000 miles by 30/05/16
SOLD 05/03/17 :(
mindmachine

Surge wrote:I am hoping in Canada is it a 9L tank.

The data is very confusing. On the BMW.com website it makes no mention of a smaller US gas tank. It lists the size as 9L.
Wrong the US website says 1.9 US gallons, just checked it. Get used to BMW's arcane way of fucking US customers because of the dam CARB credits they want. To enable them to sell gas guzzlers in California.
Gonville

Can you identify which vehicles are "gas guzzlers"? (besides the M5 which is still a V8 but only 232g CO2. combined MPG 28.5
GM Press Release wrote:GM has improved its fuel economy ratings between 2009 and 2012. According to EPA figures, in 2009 GM vehicles averaged only 19.9 mpg as of 2012 the average mpg for GM vehicles rose to 21.4 mpg. Part of the reason GM is generating better efficiency numbers is due to the fact that they are manufacturing less big vehicles and more smaller fuel efficient cars including hybrids and fully electric vehicles.
So is the most powerful BMW at 28.5mpg versus the AVERAGE for GM at 21.4? (Hopefully we are on the same units here). I can't quite see who is making "gas guzzlers" from that comparison?
GM Press Release wrote:In 2009 GM had an average carbon emissions rating of 447 (g/mi). In 2012 GM saw its CO2 emissions decline to 418 (g/mi). GM is also a global biofuel leader including ethanol which in comparison to gas, emits 21 percent less CO2.
.....so that might be M5 232g GM average 418g? Can someone check that's right?

F10 LCI 535D 2013-
i3 ordered 9APR14 delivery Oct...now Born Electric 29 NOV. BEV Laurus Grey, Suite, 19" 429 Turbine, All boxes ticked (including HK) no sunroof.
ChargeBump – A simple solution for "EV charge rage"

I33t

Surge wrote:Probably a good time to stop using the ridiculous US measurement units!

Tank size is 9 liters.
There is a valid argument that the tank size is the same and the 1.9 vs 2.4 confusion is due to measurement unit stuff up.

There is also a valid argument that BMW USA tinkered with the tank size to meet regulations.

We just won't know which argument is correct until someone runs a REX dry and fills it. Hurry up! :)
2014 BMW i3 BEV deposit placed 19th Dec 2013
Delivered in Melbourne 4/12/2014. Arrived locally 11/12/14, with 24km on the clock.
Gonville

So Tom? Is it 7 or 9 litres? You must have had a go at filling by now? Picture of the page in the manual that says 7?

F10 LCI 535D 2013-
i3 ordered 9APR14 delivery Oct...now Born Electric 29 NOV. BEV Laurus Grey, Suite, 19" 429 Turbine, All boxes ticked (including HK) no sunroof.
ChargeBump – A simple solution for "EV charge rage"

Return to “Suggestions for BMW”