2015 I3 Rex Deal

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bedrock77

Hi all,

First time posting, found this site awhile ago and am about to pull the trigger on an I3. This is also my first BMW so a little nervous as I'm looking into a lease as well and trying to get out of a 2013 Prius C "Three". Sensible person in me is saying stick with the Prius while the selfish me is saying get it. :mrgreen: I've never had a BMW so not sure about purchasing one out right so opted for the lease, test drive was really fun and so much smoother/quiet than my Prius C.

Lease is for 15k miles and 30 Months. This is about the best I've gotten so far out of 3 different dealers in the area.

MSRP on the I3Rex is $50,095

Sale Price: $43,820 (Includes 1k option rebate), good rims and parking package
$7,500 rebate

Trading in my 2013 Prius C "Three" (Moonroof, navigation, allow wheels)
Trade in value: $12,000
Payoff 15,241.23 (So already upside down, I know)

MSD X 7: $2,800
Upfront Charges: 2,384.23 (Not exactly sure what this all is, think they mentioned doc fee, title, taxes)
Advanced Payment: $354.33
Total Cap Reduction: 11,310.43
Due on Delivery: $9,348.99

Base Monthly payment: $328.08
Monthly Tax: $26.25
Total Monthly payment: $354.33

Not sure how due on delivery is so high or exactly what cap reduction will do? Trying to get some ideas on what I can come back at them with, I'd prefer a lower down payment but I understand the trade in is killing me. Any advice is appreciated!

Keep the Prius for another year. They're good cars, I had two. BMW has already hinted to an increased range in 2016. Buy the i3 2.0, it will be a better car benefitting from much learning from the first.

Back