Creaking noise

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj3series

My i3 Rex is producing a creaking noise when making turns. The noise comes from the rear of the vehicle. The noise is only evident when making turns which are approximately 90 degrees, and does not appear when going straight (and which is independent of any pavement imperfections or bumps). The dealer has looked at the motor mount and its bolts and says they do not appear broken. Any other ideas? They are going to take another look next week but they don't seem to have a clear idea on what could be causing this. I have put together a video (see below link) which includes the creaking noise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByV_ZWdrZrvVdW50aVpmTDZ4MWs/view?usp=sharing

It does sound a lot like the creaking sound on turns I had on mine which the dealer diagnosed as a broken engine generator mount. Have you had any situations where one of the rear wheels lost traction under acceleration recently? If so that would lend more credence to it being that particular problem. I don't recall hearing of other problems with similar symptoms but who knows.

I also have been experiencing creaking at low speed while maneuvering tight turns... especially noticeable at the recent colder temperatures... colder it gets, the more the creak, however mine is definitely from the front of the car

Back