I3 with Type 2 connector only? (No CCS fast-charging pins)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zide

Hey everyone. New here.

I’ve just bought a 2016 60ah BEV, and long story short, I was scammed because I failed to notice that this car only has a type 2 connector with no CCS (fast-charging) plug/pins.

Can someone please tell me why is this? When apparently all i3’s have a fast-charging option?

Is this some kind of prototype version? I can barely find any info on the internet…

Looking forward for your inputs.

fascinating. are you sure it is not a 2014? It was optional for that year.
also- where are you in the world? My info is USA-centric and it is possible that it was optional elsewhere for a longer period of time.

edit to add: You seem to be in Portugal. Try copying your VIN and then running it through www.MDecoder.com to see what it says.

DC fast charging was an i3 option in early models in some markets. Your i3 apparent isn't equipped with option 4U7 DC rapid charging (DC-Schnellladen).

Zide said:
Do you guys think I can retrofit that at BMW? Any idea of its cost?
I'm confident that DC fast charging could be added. However, the cost of doing so would almost certainly be greater than the cost difference between selling your i3 and buying one with DC fast charging.

Back