IOS 13 problems playing from iPhone via Bluetooth

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJPi3

Hi everyone. How are people getting on with IOS 13 via Bluetooth for playback. My idrive mostly says please wait and doesn’t find my playlist. I can play if I press ply on my phone, but then cant select songs with the car, haven’t got car play so I can’t comment on that

I upgraded iOS from 12.x to 13.1 yesterday. Ever since the upgrade, several of my apps have prompted for permission to access Bluetooth. I don't know if this is a new granular permission in iOS 13.x or if they lost the pairings during the upgrade, but it may be worth checking the phone screen to see if there are any unanswered security prompts.

As for impressions of iOS 13.1 so far, my Watch battery can't make it through a day for some reason since yesterday. The jury is still out on the new CarPlay layout, which I spent an hour with for the first time today driving my truck this morning.....

Numerous apps tend to use BT and it can not only be a big battery drain, but a security risk. The new iOS version shuts down most of those, and requires to you okay them as they come up. I think (haven't played with it enough yet), that if you do allow it once, it 'sticks', so is only a one-time thing.

If your phone is continuously trying to ping the watch, or vice-versa, and is not allowed or paired successfully, it tends to use higher power to 'search' for it rather than the typically shorter range, and thus power when you phone is in your pocket and the watch is on your wrist, shortening the battery life.

Back