New I3 Owner - thanks to all on this forum

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmer

Hi and thanks to all on this forum who helped influence my recent purchase and continue to provide useful information about this car.

A little over month ago I acquired a 2014 I3 BEV (Giga, Tech + Driver’s Assist & Parking Package). Overall I have been very pleased.

Pros:
• Really enjoyable car to drive. Coming from a Mini Cooper S convertible stick shift I was worried, but the instant torque over a broad range, good handling, great visibility and useful tech have made the transition a pleasure.
• It is awesome to be free from ever having to need gasoline. Surprising number of public charging stations in Columbia, SC mean that I often don’t have to use my own electricity!

Cons:
• Pretty significant learning curve (for me at least)/I find some of the technology pretty unintuitive. Have had to dig and do a certain amount of trial and error for a number of features but this forum has helped (☺)
• Consistent with above am still figuring out some features including Assisted Parking & an experiment I set up for collision Mitigation failed (cardboard box dummy was consistently hammered) but will continue to experiment
• Would really like to see the following available for future: Blind spot detection, rear windows that roll down, sunroof and of course… more range!

Overall have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the local dealer was very good to work with. I hope BMW keeps improving and makes it even more cost effective so more people will lessen oil dependence!

Thanks again to all on this forum!

George

Welcome and glad you're happy with the i3!

If you ever figure out how to test the collision mitigation let us know, I would love to try it as well! :D

Back