program key fob via bimmer code

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o2cool4g63

I can't seem to get the bimmer code to program the 3rd button for the front hood to open instead of trunk, any hints? I know one of you did it through the old post, but I tried your bimmer code but still can't get it to open the front hood.

Use BimmerCode's Expert mode to change button 3 to open the frunk on a long press:

BDC (Body Domain Controller)

Change behavior of key fob button 3 (short, med, long press of button)
30D0->RC_DEFAULT_IDG_3RD_BUTTON_LONG werte: 05 (open frunk)

o2cool4g63 said:
Thx for the reply, I have tried that, but my 2019 just does nothing... I will give it an other try.
Ours is a 2019 U.S. i3.

Hmm, I also made this change to the HU_NBT (Head Unit) which adds a fob button menu to iDrive:

Add remote buttons 3 and 4 menu to iDrive (button 3 can open frunk)
3000-> KEY_CONF_*: set all to active
3000-> KEY_CONF_TAILGATE_SMALL_NAME: set to frontgate (03)

Oaky, after playing with it for an hour trying all kinds of combos and coding, I finally got it to work on my 2019 I3s. Here are the steps:

EXPERT MODE

Under body domain
30D0 rc default idg 3rd button long: werte 05 (open frunk)

Under head unit hu nbt evo
Key conf tailgate name: front gate
Key conf tailgate small: aktive
Key conf tailgate small name: frontgate

After coding, go to settings menu under keyfob, select front gate.

Press and hold the tailgate button on the remote, VIOLA, it worked!

by the way, i think front trunk not sealed is ingenius! I will tell you why.

ITS FOR ALL YOUR WET OR DIRTY STUFFS!!
Wet swimsuit, wetsuit
Dirty baby diapers
Dirty baby cloth(throw ups, pee and poops)
Lazy river tubes
Umbrella
Snow scraper
Dirty shoes
Dirty smelly gym clothes/socks

After all those, just take a garden hose and rinse it off!

Nice!

For what it's worth, I programmed my 2019 i3s frunk button a couple years ago and a month ago my car got a full operating system update at the dealership from the mothership, it wiped out all my coding as expected, but the frunk button still works on the fob :lol: The menu option is gone but the fob retained the coding. Now that you've posted this i'll have to go in and add the menu option back just for the hell of it.

o2cool4g63 said:
I can't seem to get the bimmer code to program the 3rd button for the front hood to open instead of trunk,fnf any hints? I know one of you did it through the old post, but I tried your bimmer code but still can't get it to open the front hood.
Make sure you change the value of "FRM_3_BUTTON_BELEGUNG" to "Motorhaube auf/zu" (hood open/close) and not "Heckklappe auf/zu" (trunk open/close).

Back