UK Map Displays White Buttons

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek2

While driving along the M2 towards London, 2 White Blobs appeared on the map. We drove beside one and through the second. Nothing there. Any ideas what these are? They look as though they are marking something but a large white button? I hadn't been drinking and my wife pointed them out.

I have these as well and haven't any idea what purpose they serve, I checked for updates but was informed my system was up to date!
Someone must have an answer?

If you access the menu down the side of the map and scroll down to "Traffic Information" and go into this the white buttons indicate a problem. You may have to scroll through any listed problem spots to find the white dots!

As we drove by one white spot and straight through another, if they are problem areas, they are out of date. Same with half the gantry displays on all motorways.

All check next time, but you can’t while driving.

Derek2 said:
As we drove by one white spot and straight through another, if they are problem areas, they are out of date. Same with half the gantry displays on all motorways.

All check next time, but you can’t while driving.
You have to go into "Traffic Information" then it will bring up a list of problems which equate to the location of the white dots!
The white dots on the map tell you nothing!

Derek2 said:
As we drove by one white spot and straight through another, if they are problem areas, they are out of date.
That's been my experience with the i3's navigation system over 9 years of use. In our former 2014 U.S. i3, I quit resubscribing to real-time traffic information because it was almost never "real-time". The subscription in our current 2019 U.S. i3 is still in effect, and real-time traffic information is no longer a standalone subscription, so I don't know what I'll do when the ConnectedDrive subscription expires.

Back