Do you have an i3 on order and awaiting delivery?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Laurel Tera BEV ordered in April is awaiting release to the carrier. I am hoping it will make it to Bremerhaven for loading onto the Independence II or a TBA NYK ship on July 31.

Just talked to the dealer and the truck has not come in and they don't think it will today. Major disappointment, several more days of waiting.

For those of us with an i3 on the NYK Lyra Leader...

It left Bremerhaven July 19, with a stop in Rotterdam on the 20th, and Southampton on the 22nd. Unfortunately, it may have sunk, as it has not been seen for 2 days and 7 hours! (See: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1844624.) Maybe it is just running in stealth mode to protect all its valuable cargo.

According to NYK's website, it has stops in Halifax, New York, Norfolk, Savannah, and then to Port Hueneme (Oxnard, CA). However, that is generic routing for all their ships going from Bremerhaven to LA. Apparently the current voyage of the Lyra Leader is headed straight for Oxnard via San Juan, Porto Rico, with an expected arrival at San Juan on Aug 2, at 10:00 UTC (4 am Phoenix time). Anyone have a good estimate for arrival at Port Hueneme? Please include your sources for any estimates.

i3Alan said:

It left Bremerhaven July 19, with a stop in Rotterdam on the 20th, and Southampton on the 22nd. Unfortunately, it may have sunk, as it has not been seen for 2 days and 7 hours! (See: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1844624.) Maybe it is just running in stealth mode to protect all its valuable cargo.

According to NYK's website, it has stops in Halifax, New York, Norfolk, Savannah, and then to Port Hueneme (Oxnard, CA). However, that is generic routing for all their ships going from Bremerhaven to LA. Apparently the current voyage of the Lyra Leader is headed straight for Oxnard via San Juan, Porto Rico, with an expected arrival at San Juan on Aug 2, at 10:00 UTC (4 am Phoenix time). Anyone have a good estimate for arrival at Port Hueneme? Please include your sources for any estimates.
You're mostly right. This is voyage 74. No stops on the East Coast this trip. Arrives Port Hueneme on 8/15. Here she is leaving Bremerhaven...

Zzzoom3 said:
You're mostly right. This is voyage 74. No stops on the East Coast this trip. Arrives Port Hueneme on 8/15. Here she is leaving Bremerhaven...
Do you mean I was wrong about her sinking? Oh, good!

Thanks for the update. Using your info, I found an NYK week 27 schedule for Lyra Lead[e]r V.74 that goes to Port Hueneme, but stops at San Diego on Aug 14, and then arrives at Port Hueneme on Aug 16.

The other NYK schedule I found was for the Lyra (apparently not the Lyra Leader) that must be a cargo ship with all the east coast stops I mentioned above. The NYK pages are next to useless, and the non-NYK ship tracking pages seem to only know what the last stop or two were, and what the next stop is going to be.

i3Alan said:

I think you will find that it is just out of AIS radio range. If you want to pay, I believe you can access AIS via satellite but if you wait it will come back into radio range in due course.

i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
Do you mean I was wrong about her sinking? Oh, good!

Thanks for the update. Using your info, I found an NYK week 27 schedule for Lyra Lead[e]r V.74 that goes to Port Hueneme, but stops at San Diego on Aug 14, and then arrives at Port Hueneme on Aug 16.

The other NYK schedule I found was for the Lyra (apparently not the Lyra Leader) that must be a cargo ship with all the east coast stops I mentioned above. The NYK pages are next to useless, and the non-NYK ship tracking pages seem to only know what the last stop or two were, and what the next stop is going to be.
Yes I think sinking is unlikely unless there are some pro-russian forces operating in the North Atlantic! Then anything is possible! :eek:
Port Hueneme is scheduled for 8/15, I have to start cleaning out space in my garage soon :)

Finally born electric 7/29/14, picked up my car from the dealer tonight under cloudy skies. Got to test out the automatic windshield wipers.

My Rex was due to start build week 32 4 Aug but got a message yesterday that the build has started a week early. No news that it will be delivered any earlier though as it is still 25 Aug :(

My Rex was due to start build week 32 4 Aug but got a message yesterday that the build has started a week early. No news that it will be delivered any earlier though as it is still 25 Aug
Hmmm.
Mine was ordered in March, and scheduled to be started week 40, but I found out a month ago it'd been brought forward to week 32, like yours. But the dealer says it's still week 32, and expects it to be available the first week of September. The good news is that it'll have a '64 plate when I sell it - even tho I've got a personalised number.
The waiting's terrible! :(

mine was ordered early days of june, expected september if i believe my dealer.
I don't have my production number and don't know where to find it and where to check on the web where my car is lol

Cedriclekine said:
I don't have my production number and don't know where to find it and where to check on the web where my car is lol

Your dealer can give you your production number. Once you have that, follow this process to track:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

jakell64 said:
Capparis Giga BEV all options with 19" wheels. Ordered May 12, entered production on June 12, completed June 20, at port on June 23, left port July 4 and is headed for Brunswick, GA due on July 18. Should be at dealer 3 to 10 days after that.

Well, it took a little longer. It was at the VPC for 2 weeks. I pick it up tomorrow.

jtoast said:
Cedriclekine said:

Your dealer can give you your production number. Once you have that, follow this process to track:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

Thank you so much :D

I ordered my i3 with Rex yesterday at the dealership and was given a production number before I left. I immediately when home and created a MyBMW account and added the production number to the account... the weird thing is that when I added the production number yesterday it showed as the wrong color and I was about to go back to the dealer today to let them know they gave me the wrong production number.... but I logged in today to check it, and it seems the color is now correct, so I assume they all start with a default color and then when a customer orders it, they change the color in the system to what was ordered. I think I am going to still go to the dealer today to make sure that all the options I wanted are on the order, but I was told that my car will enter production in week 37 so early Sept production... so I suspect October delivery. Which compared to some of the other timelines I have seen on this thread seems like a pretty quick turn-around.

The fact that you got a production number the same day means that you got one of the cars the dealer had bought for stock, with whatever 'stock' options he wanted. BMW allows the dealer to customize the order at almost any time up to a few days before it is produced. So, until those changes were input, what you saw was the dealer's original production slot and it's corresponding production number with his original (place-holder) set of options.

NOw that the dealer has assigned that slot to an actual customer rather than a stock vehicle for his dealership, it changes the status, and you should have nothing to worry about. Should you change your mind before production actually starts, you could add or delete an option or two if you talk to the dealer in time so he can modify the order. Unless that specific option is in tight supply (like I hear the Terra's leather), it shouldn't affect the production date. That's the benefit of JIT manufacturing...the bits for your car don't actually show up at the production line until just in time for it to be installed. As long as the supplier can deliver the part, the production line doesn't really care.

Back