Do you have an i3 on order and awaiting delivery?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AviatorMan said:
Seems like a lot of i3's being held at the port for whatever reason were released today and the dealers are calling and setting up acceptance appointments.
Does this mean yours finally got out of jail?

Zzzoom3 said:
AviatorMan said:
Seems like a lot of i3's being held at the port for whatever reason were released today and the dealers are calling and setting up acceptance appointments.
Does this mean yours finally got out of jail?
Yes, I am so out of jail now. My Panda Edition will be available mid-week, and it is going to be interesting given that my current car, a Volvo V40, I have had for 14 years and was developed in 1994, released in '95. So I am going from 20 year old technology to emerging technology in one step.
I hope I get as many happy years out of the BMW as I got from the Volvo, what a great car that has been.

Zzzoom3 said:
dennis said:
I spent the time to check out the one I had built for me.
Did it cost you anything to back out?

Electronauts were not charged a deposit and had no commitment to close the deal once the car is delivered. Several decided NOT to configure a car when the initial lease figures came in (at the really atrocious rates that were first reported). In fact, quite a few of the higher mileage West Coast group jumped over to Toyota RAV4EV 2nd Gen leases (some with unlimited mileage).

I liked the tech in the car, so configured one and waited to decide when it was in front of me. Considering that my configuration is probably slightly cheaper (because the parking assist option was the only one I didn't get on the BEV) than the others on the lot, it probably will get sold sooner.

Zzzoom3 said:
i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
Lyra Leader is in front
I'm seeing the tail of the LL in the hi-res cam, apparently waiting for another lock drop ahead of it. In the low res cam, I think I am seeing the smaller boat in front of the LL. That is, I think the hi res cam is looking back/north, and the low res cam is looking forward/south, respect to the LL direction of travel. Does that sound right? This is the last set of locks for the LL to pass through before entering the Pacific, correct?
Yes I thought that was pretty cool. Here's a few captures showing the transit and the correlation from AIS tracking to near real-time camera. The AIS lagged a few minutes which is expected.

Now more waiting :cry:
Well, my ship is finally within range of my home port! Just 550 NM to go and a few more days now .. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5L...HpKWjdneWRmX29tWldkVHVR/edit?usp=docslist_api

i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
Well, my ship is finally within range of my home port! Just 550 NM to go and a few more days now .. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5L...HpKWjdneWRmX29tWldkVHVR/edit?usp=docslist_api
Thanks for the update on OUR ship! I am a tad disappointed that it is only 4 hours ahead of schedule, as it was three days ahead at Puerto Rico. On the other hand, I am very happy it is still AHEAD of schedule.
Yes, well consider that every i3 on the ship is going to be getting the software update before it gets released. That isn't going to speed up the process unfortunately :roll:

I just picked up my REx on Monday after waiting 6 1/2 months! :mrgreen: It was awesome driving home from the dealership (~5 miles in the suburbs with a few stop lights) without using the mechanical brakes :D

Mike74jcw said:
I just picked up my REx on Monday after waiting 6 1/2 months! :mrgreen: It was awesome driving home from the dealership (~5 miles in the suburbs with a few stop lights) without using the mechanical brakes :D
That's awesome! .. Congrats. Look forward to hearing about your user experiences.

So I feel kinda silly right now. After ordering, waiting for production, tracking the shipping, more waiting, and my vehicle is literally 2 days away from arriving at the port .. I was presented with an opportunity to trade my car for an unsold Electronaut version.

The ZEE car is exactly the same color and options I ordered except that it has the Giga trim and Giga wheels. I ordered the Mega trim and 20" wheels. So after considering the slight price increase and considereing the car I ordered is just days from being delivered, I'm going to do the trade and take the ZEE home on Friday .. whew! I feel better now getting that out but I may not sleep for 2 days and I still have to clear out my garage :roll:

If you are in the LA Area, looking for a brand new Laurel Grey i3 BEV with Megaworld Trim and 20" wheels, I can tell you who to talk to!

Zzzoom3 said:
The Lyra Leader now has an ETA at Port Hueneme tomorrow (8/15) at 5am local time (1200 UTC). Sure hope the i3 backlog for software updates at the Oxnard VPC is caught up by then (at least for the priority 1 cars).

i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
The Lyra Leader now has an ETA at Port Hueneme tomorrow (8/15) at 5am local time (1200 UTC). Sure hope the i3 backlog for software updates at the Oxnard VPC is caught up by then (at least for the priority 1 cars).

Picked up my BEV i3 at Bob Smith on Monday (Aug 11) and I can say that the processing at the VPC was not too long a wait, two days from "Work Order" to delivery. However, we had to wait over a week from the time it got off the boat to "work order". So my time was off boat, July 31 to me driving car, August 11. MY dealer is only 45 minutes from the VPC, so you might have transport time, too. :cry:

scottlawrencelawson said:
i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:

Picked up my BEV i3 at Bob Smith on Monday (Aug 11) and I can say that the processing at the VPC was not too long a wait, two days from "Work Order" to delivery. However, we had to wait over a week from the time it got off the boat to "work order". So my time was off boat, July 31 to me driving car, August 11. MY dealer is only 45 minutes from the VPC, so you might have transport time, too. :cry:
Thanks! The LL has sailed, heading to Japan, so I am pretty sure that mine is off the boat.

i3Alan said:
Thanks! The LL has sailed, heading to Japan, so I am pretty sure that mine is off the boat.
I hope you gets your soon Alan! You are going to love it :) Scott I got mine at Bob Smith too on Friday. Maybe I''ll see you around. There can't be too many of us in the area yet!

Zzzoom3 said:
i3Alan said:
I hope you gets your soon Alan! You are going to love it :)
Thanks! Interesting news this afternoon. The MyBMW website production status for my no-gashole Oreo (white BEV!) moved from en route this morning to finishing touches now. This status has been at least three days behind on every other update so far! The ship arrived on Fri 8/15, which is only 2.5 days ago! I'm guessing the work order for the VPC must be issued before the finishing touches status is reported. I'm hoping that means she could already be on a truck, but I expect there is not much work going on at the VPC on the weekends. It's a seven hour drive to Chandler, AZ (by car, with traffic).

ultraturtle said:
i3Alan said:
I don't care who you are, that there's funny. (Mine has a gasshole...)
Here is a post I put on a FaceBook i3 group thread. Forgot to post it here as well.
---------
i3 bumper stickers, anyone? My sister came up with a few gems, only some of which I can share here (and not be censored):

Watt chu lookin' at?

Resistance is futile

My other car is an electric broom

Save the fossils

Fueled like a toaster oven

Guilty of battery

Butt Plug Beamer

Devoted Outlet Shopper

Driving Miss Discharge

Flatus is my only gas

Amp guzzler

No gashole

------------
Other commenters added the following that I also find clever:

Silent but not deadly (Sebastian Boettger)

Batteries Included, No War Required (Deane Gardner)

Socket Rocket (follow-on from my sister)

i3Alan said:
ultraturtle said:
i3Alan said:
I don't care who you are, that there's funny. (Mine has a gasshole...)
Here is a post I put on a FaceBook i3 group thread. Forgot to post it here as well.
---------
i3 bumper stickers, anyone? My sister came up with a few gems, only some of which I can share here (and not be censored):

Watt chu lookin' at?

Resistance is futile

My other car is an electric broom

Save the fossils

Fueled like a toaster oven

Guilty of battery

Butt Plug Beamer

Devoted Outlet Shopper

Driving Miss Discharge

Flatus is my only gas

Amp guzzler

No gashole

------------
Other commenters added the following that I also find clever:

Silent but not deadly (Sebastian Boettger)

Batteries Included, No War Required (Deane Gardner)

Socket Rocket (follow-on from my sister)
ROFL .. That is some gems :lol:

My vote for BEST is "No Gashole" followed by "Amp Guzzler". Gotta add another candidate though .. "Got Plug?"

Mine arrived at the dealer today. Window tint and final prep work already scheduled for tomorrow. Picking it up the following afternoon! That will be one day before the dealers best case estimate of 8 weeks.

Good thing we installed the charging station last weekend.

Back