Do you have an i3 on order and awaiting delivery?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i3Alan said:
For those of us with an i3 on the NYK Lyra Leader...
The Lyra Leader made it to Panama, seven hours early, a little after 7am CA time. Once through the canal in a day or so, we should have an ETA for Port Hueneme (Oxnard, CA).

i3Alan said:
i3Alan said:
For those of us with an i3 on the NYK Lyra Leader...
The Lyra Leader made it to Panama, seven hours early, a little after 7am CA time. Once through the canal in a day or so, we should have an ETA for Port Hueneme (Oxnard, CA).
Yeah I see that also. It's anchored outside Manzanillo waiting for its turn to go through Gatun. It will be at Hueneme on 8/15. You'll see ;)

Zzzoom3 said:
It's anchored outside Manzanillo waiting for its turn to go through Gatun. It will be at Hueneme on 8/15. You'll see ;)
Gatun to Port Hueneme can be done by this class ship in 7 days, meaning we could see LL at PH on the 11th. Or, it could wait days to get it's start through the canal (it is there a few days ahead of schedule). Also, NKY has a generic schedule which shows a stop in San Diego, but it also shows other stops LL has passed by on this voyage.

Port Hueneme posts its ship schedule at http://www.portofhueneme.org/business_at_the_port/vessel_schedule.php. The website claims the schedule is updated daily. However, todays schedule is dated July 18 and covers July 6 to Aug 2. So much for daily updates!

i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
It's anchored outside Manzanillo waiting for its turn to go through Gatun. It will be at Hueneme on 8/15. You'll see ;)
Gatun to Port Hueneme can be done by this class ship in 7 days, meaning we could see LL at PH on the 11th. Or, it could wait days to get it's start through the canal (it is there a few days ahead of schedule). Also, NKY has a generic schedule which shows a stop in San Diego, but it also shows other stops LL has passed by on this voyage.

Port Hueneme posts its ship schedule at http://www.portofhueneme.org/business_at_the_port/vessel_schedule.php. The website claims the schedule is updated daily. However, todays schedule is dated July 18 and covers July 6 to Aug 2. So much for daily updates!
This is voyage #74. It doesn't list all those stops. Then again it didn't list San Juan as a stop either! Last time I contacted NYK Lines directly, I was told it was due in Port Hueneme on 8/15.

I'm guessing that it will stop in San Diego because it will be going on to Asia after the U.S. I'm thinking it will load up a bunch of cars made in Mexico destined for places in Asia. I know Volkswagen makes lots of cars in Mexico and they get trucked to San Diego.

Once the AIS updates and I see Port Hueneme listed, we'll know.

i3Alan said:
Gatun to Port Hueneme can be done by this class ship in 7 days, meaning we could see LL at PH on the 11th. Or, it could wait days to get it's start through the canal (it is there a few days ahead of schedule).
The Wallenius ship "Elektra" is enroute to Port Hueneme right now having passed thru the canal on 7/30. It took about 17 hours to make the transit from the Atlantic to the Pacific. It is not making any stops and is due on 7/8 which is 8 days after the Panama transit.

So for Lyra Leader, I'm going to guess 1 day Panama transit, plus 7 days to San Diego. 1 day in San Diego and another day to Hueneme. Potentially that puts her in Hueneme on 8/14 .. :eek:

haa .. this is too stressful .. lol

Lyra leader is on the move through the canal. She is centered in view right now on the hi-res cam at Miraflores locks (http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html). Between the start of this message and right now, the name Lyra Leader was in full view, then got blocked by a building that appears to house the gate controls. And the leading "L" is now coming back into view. She must be racing through those locks!

i3Alan said:
Lyra leader is on the move through the canal. She is centered in view right now on the hi-res cam at Miraflores locks (http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html). Between the start of this message and right now, the name Lyra Leader was in full view, then got blocked by a building that appears to house the gate controls. And the leading "L" is now coming back into view. She must be racing through those locks!
Wow, that was really quick. LL moved from centered in view to completely past the camera in a couple minutes. Sorry I didn't capture a screen shot. Maybe at the next camera sighting.

i3Alan said:
i3Alan said:
Wow, that was really quick. LL moved from centered in view to completely past the camera in a couple minutes. Sorry I didn't capture a screen shot. Maybe at the next camera sighting.
AIS has updated. ETA is 2PM on 8/14 in San Diego ...

Cedriclekine said:
i got my production number but the french website does not allow to track the production...
it is surprising to see how little things can be annoying lol

I'm fairly sure that order tracking via website is only allowed for the US. Probably because we are known to be a somewhat impatient lot...heh.

I do believe that you can call BMW customer support and get the same info from a representative in most countries.

i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
i3Alan said:
Lyra leader is on the move through the canal.
Lyra Leader and Cetus Leader both coming thru the Pedro Miguel Locks now. You can see them in the distance from the Miraflores Hi-Res Webcam.

Check it out: http://www.pancanal.com/common/multimedia/webcams/viewer-flash/cam-miraflores-hi.html
Thanks for the heads-up. Do you know which one is in front, about to enter the locks now?
Lyra Leader is in front

jtoast said:
Cedriclekine said:
i got my production number but the french website does not allow to track the production...
it is surprising to see how little things can be annoying lol

I'm fairly sure that order tracking via website is only allowed for the US. Probably because we are known to be a somewhat impatient lot...heh.

I do believe that you can call BMW customer support and get the same info from a representative in most countries.

I am not going to call everyday lol

Zzzoom3 said:
Lyra Leader is in front
I'm seeing the tail of the LL in the hi-res cam, apparently waiting for another lock drop ahead of it. In the low res cam, I think I am seeing the smaller boat in front of the LL. That is, I think the hi res cam is looking back/north, and the low res cam is looking forward/south, respect to the LL direction of travel. Does that sound right? This is the last set of locks for the LL to pass through before entering the Pacific, correct?

i3Alan said:
In the low res cam, I think I am seeing the smaller boat in front of the LL. That is, I think the hi res cam is looking back/north, and the low res cam is looking forward/south, respect to the LL direction of travel.
That was correct. The Lyra Leader can now be seen exiting the locks in the lower res Miraflores Lock cam at http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html?cam=Miraflores.

Cedriclekine said:
I am not going to call everyday lol
First time I called them, they said to feel free to call back any time. I promised not to call more than every two hours! They said that would be fine if I did!

While your i3 is on a boat, the BMW people are not able to update anything, but there are numerous ship tracking sights that can.

i3Alan said:
Zzzoom3 said:
Lyra Leader is in front
I'm seeing the tail of the LL in the hi-res cam, apparently waiting for another lock drop ahead of it. In the low res cam, I think I am seeing the smaller boat in front of the LL. That is, I think the hi res cam is looking back/north, and the low res cam is looking forward/south, respect to the LL direction of travel. Does that sound right? This is the last set of locks for the LL to pass through before entering the Pacific, correct?
Yes I thought that was pretty cool. Here's a few captures showing the transit and the correlation from AIS tracking to near real-time camera. The AIS lagged a few minutes which is expected.

Now more waiting :cry:

Back