EVMan

Re: Extended Warranty for BMW I3 Rex

Tue May 15, 2018 2:01 pm

jadnashuanh wrote:An extended warranty is an insurance policy...you may never need it, but you might be happy you have it. It's a decision only you can assess the benefits to you verses the risks. Keep in mind, all insurance companies are in it for the money...they don't give stuff away for free. With that in mind, the average user will not get more out of their warranty than it cost them, but certainly, some will benefit greatly.

Very well said.
Given that a average person will loose, i shy away from these things, unless you are at higher risk..
2016 22KWH Rex ( Lease to Return ) ~ Model 3 Dual Motor, Long Range ( Wait-listed )
2017 33KWH Rex
Solar ToU Plan

EVMan

Tue May 15, 2018 2:10 pm

SSi3 wrote:If you're in the US, your REx is warranted for 15yrs/150,000miles... see page 32/38
http://www.evclub.lk/wp-content/uploads ... Manual.pdf

Ok , i saw page no 28. And i am confused.
On the heading it looks like , the warranty is for emissions, which may mean , the warranty may come into effect , only if there is a emissions test fail , and not for a engine failure failure or other than emissions failure .
Inside , almost all the parts are listed. including the AC , DSC etc.

Can some one elaborate , what if my AC fails in year 12 at 145k ?
Will it be covered.
if its covered, then , pretty much the whole car is covered,

Even for battery, it says 70K and 100K both , which makes it even more confusing.
'The following component is covered on the applicable vehicles for defects by the California Emission
Control System Limited Warranty for a period of 10 years or 150,000 miles, or a period of 7 years or
70,000 miles, whichever occurs first, subject to all applicable exclusions and limitations as indicated in
the table below:

'
2016 22KWH Rex ( Lease to Return ) ~ Model 3 Dual Motor, Long Range ( Wait-listed )
2017 33KWH Rex
Solar ToU Plan

Benagami

Tue May 15, 2018 3:31 pm

I've read (on this and other sites) that it's hard to find a dealer that will do work under that warranty unless it was specifically an emissions problem.

Return to “BMW i3 Rex Specific Discussions”