2016 i3 no charge state

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

br33zy

I've got a 2016 i3 that the HV switch contacts have been opened after a fault, therefore it will not charge. Where I've gotten with ISTA leaves me needing a code from an EOS tester to enter a 12digit code to close those contacts.

I've found threads on other forums that state if the SME or battery hasn't been changed, the code shouldn't be necessary. Is there another service function, or other software that can clear that state?

This thread essentially ends where I think I am now. Does anyone have any insight on clearing this error when the battery and SME are all original? One post here says the code shouldn't be needed.

Is there possibly another service function in ISTA to clear that error?

https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/eos-battery-tester.1314217/

A post on anotehr forum:
"The errors come from the SME module (inside the high voltage battery), but are reported by the EME, so replacing the EME wont fix this problem. Normally, an EoS Tester is used to read the condition of the high voltage battery (which requires detaching it from the car after draining Freon from the coolant lines that go to it), and that device generates a code which allows the high voltage relays (contactors) to close and work normally. Here is a thread on the EoS tester - I001 (I03, I08) - Accessing or changing EOS test code..."

Some people have said it is possible to generate the code required without this device. The code is then put into ISTA, and the EME / SME works properly after that. I don't know anyone who does that.

BMW 740E HYBRID MAIN BATTERY CHARGING AFTER ACCIDENT PROBLEM | BimmerFest BMW Forum

Back