After the Software Update....RADIO PRESETS

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1096

After receiving a phone invitation from BMWNA to have my software updated (CEL and high-ambient temp charging adjustment), I discovered that my radio presets had been blown away. I was miffed until I discovered they have apparently loaded in a new Preset screen that allows you to choose what rank/position/order you wish to store your station at before saving it....an improvement over previous saves that went in the order you found and saved them (and I still hadn't figured out how to over-ride or delete them). I noticed it immediately as the fill-in-the-blank lines (1-10 shown) are RED

At first, I couldn't get anything to stay saved, except on Line #1, until I realized once I had selected the station, I could scroll down within the red template and plop the setting wherever I chose, THEN, push the iDrive to save it there. An improvement.

Still digging around in there, and today discovered the Widgets; they may have been there before, but considering their value, I haven't missed much. I wish the "weather" icons were real-time tuning to the local NOAA weather band.

Oh, and PS: As I drove away from dealership, my Gamble-On-Meter was showing at a new all-time high of 92 Miles! And from what I understand, he unplugged it prior to its charge-cycle end because I had arrived to pick it up. Or maybe those BMW dealer electrons have an M-component....

BUMWA said:
After receiving a phone invitation from BMWNA to have my software updated (CEL and high-ambient temp charging adjustment), I discovered that my radio presets had been blown away. I was miffed until I discovered they have apparently loaded in a new Preset screen that allows you to choose what rank/position/order you wish to store your station at before saving it....an improvement over previous saves that went in the order you found and saved them (and I still hadn't figured out how to over-ride or delete them). I noticed it immediately as the fill-in-the-blank lines (1-10 shown) are RED

At first, I couldn't get anything to stay saved, except on Line #1, until I realized once I had selected the station, I could scroll down within the red template and plop the setting wherever I chose, THEN, push the iDrive to save it there. An improvement.

Still digging around in there, and today discovered the Widgets; they may have been there before, but considering their value, I haven't missed much. I wish the "weather" icons were real-time tuning to the local NOAA weather band.

Oh, and PS: As I drove away from dealership, my Gamble-On-Meter was showing at a new all-time high of 92 Miles! And from what I understand, he unplugged it prior to its charge-cycle end because I had arrived to pick it up. Or maybe those BMW dealer electrons have an M-component....
I found my favorites (the 8 buttons on the dash) were also blown away which was annoying.

I also found my guess-o-meter was suggesting higher range than before. Gamble on!

Back