Battery Upgrade

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killban

Hi all,

I have just had a call from the BMW Dealer (Rybrook BMW in Leamington Spa, UK), saying that there will be an upgraded battery in the i3 with production starting in July. Once they have all the brochures and literature, she will let me know.

Apparently, the press will be informed next week about this upgrade.

She has also told me that they will be taking orders from next week for a delivery in October...

Cheers!

FWIW, this is old info. WHat has been missing is the exact increase in battery capacity and other details. While production starts in July, it will be at least a couple of months before they start to show up in the states for sale. Details should show up soon, though, as indicated.

killban said:
Hi all,

I have just had a call from the BMW Dealer (Rybrook BMW in Leamington Spa, UK), saying that there will be an upgraded battery in the i3 with production starting in July. Once they have all the brochures and literature, she will let me know.

She has also told me that they will be taking orders from next week for a delivery in October...

Cheers!
Two UK dealers have now both told me that the battery range will be 125 real miles. There are no other changes except the orange body colour will be withdrawn and replaced by a blue option and the DC rapid charging preparation will now be included in all models. Other options will remain the same and priced the same.

The increase in price for the new battery is going to be around £1300 (1300 UKP). (I didn't ask about retro-fitting, as it's not my interest.) There will be no change (in UK, at least) in the petrol tank capacity in the Rex.

Full details will be publicly available next Monday, 2nd May (in UK) and dealers will be able to take orders from that date. The delivery times will be the same as for the current model (i.e. 16 weeks for here in UK).

I'm going to be ordering soon, going for pretty well "all the trimmings". {Anyone interested in a 2-year-old delish Ampera in Sept? - I love it (>350 miles total range, no probs), but it's a bit too lumbering for me (and the satnav drives me mad!)}

terminus said:
killban said:
Hi all,

Cheers!
Two UK dealers have now both told me that the battery range will be 125 real miles. There are no other changes except the orange body colour will be withdrawn and replaced by a blue option and the DC rapid charging preparation will now be included in all models. Other options will remain the same and priced the same.

The increase in price for the new battery is going to be around £1300 (1300 UKP). (I didn't ask about retro-fitting, as it's not my interest.) There will be no change (in UK, at least) in the petrol tank capacity in the Rex.

Full details will be publicly available next Monday, 2nd May (in UK) and dealers will be able to take orders from that date. The delivery times will be the same as for the current model (i.e. 16 weeks for here in UK).

I'm going to be ordering soon, going for pretty well "all the trimmings". {Anyone interested in a 2-year-old delish Ampera in Sept? - I love it (>350 miles total range, no probs), but it's a bit too lumbering for me (and the satnav drives me mad!)}

Hi killban and terminus

I hope that you are able to get your orders in quickly. I'm envious. I guess you now have the details of the specifications of the UK cars. You are buying at the right time because as you probably know vehicle tax will be payable on the REx for cars registered from next April and all cars with an otr price of over £40,000 (before £4500 OLEV grant) will be subject to a £310 surcharge for years 2-5. High spec cars with the new battery packs registered before next Spring will be good buys.

Back