Beligum/Belgïe/Belgique

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I must have it in writing on the Serenity Contract Proposal I received. I will check and let you know. But you are right that they do no have very detailed info written down on the AddonMobility, the part about the types of car were also orally confirmed to me, as well as the fact that you do not have to take up the 10 days in one go. I did not get that in writing.

Re "Serenity All-Inclusive, Even Mobility" maintenance programme in Belgium.

After a couple of weeks of indecision and behind-the-curtains negotiations, it seems that BMWi Belgium will hold a final meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, February 19th) about the details of their maintenance programme.
I've been informed that "several departments are preparing an official communication that will be sent (...) to the (Belgian) BMWi network" shortly after.

You may recall that, in Belgium, Add-On-Mobility (Access in the UK, Alternate Mobility in the US) is not available as a stand-alone service. It is bundled in a maintenance package that includes servicing + tyres, brake pads, brake discs and windscreen wiper blade runners replacement.
Setting a price for an all-encompassing service of this nature must be very difficult for the provider (BMWi).
But it certainly is even more difficult for the consumer (you and me) to unscramble and decide if it really is worth it.

Just in case this post is read by someone from BMWi Belgium BEFORE tomorrow's "final meeting", maybe you could consider the German or the Dutch way where Mobility and Maintenance are kept separate, and rightly so!! :geek:

It seems that the final details of the Add-On-Mobility service, included in the All-Inclusive Maintenance programme, will be delayed in Belgium due to IT adjustments.

In the meantime, my BMWi Agent, Ginion Waterloo, has been kind enough to arrange a solution for me.

Any news on this ?

Is this service only when you choose leasing f.e. ?

I'm considering the i3, if i count the financial profits (120% deduct, cheaper insurance, lower BIV, lower tax, lower VAA, lower maintance costs, lower fuel costs, possible no KM tax in the future) it seems to me, it is a no brainer.
However a BMW salesperson last week said they are planning even 150% deduct, but i think this is just a rumour, does anyone know more about this ?

Another question, the salesperson said to choose LED headlights instead halogen, but it doesn't seem to be an option in the config at bmwi3.be ...

Hello

I have also ordered an i3 (no Rex) in Belgium, privately so I do not know about VAT deductions. I paid the full price.. we have ordered LED adaptative headlights at an extra cost. It was part of the options packet you could choose from.
Regarding the add on Mobility, I am still waiting for an answer from the car dealership. Last info I had was that, due to "IT" related issues, they were not able to offer it yet......

XXL said:
However a BMW salesperson last week said they are planning even 150% deduct, but i think this is just a rumour, does anyone know more about this ?

Yes I remember this rumor. It was the newspaper "DeMorgen" that came with the news, before the carshow in Brussels, that the government would increase the tax deduct to 150% for 100% electric cars (i3 BEV) and to 120% for cars with 0< gr CO2 < 60 (i3 REX). The news was denied by the government, and since then I haven't heard anything about it anymore.

Sources (in Dutch):
http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/997/Co...jfswagens-nieuw-jaar-nieuwe-belastingen.dhtml
http://www.retaildetail.be/fr/belgi...-wil-properste-bedrijfswagens-minder-belasten

Regards

i heard the rumor before too and told the salesmen this, but the salesmen said they (the government) are working on it... maybe he just wanted to sell another i3...

Charging in Brussels.

I don't know how many Belgians are actually reading these lines.

But for those of you who live/work in Brussels, this is a good news : it is now possible for the general public (meaning i3 private owners) to use the "Zen Car" charging stations located in selected InterParking parking lots.
Just ask the parking employees for the Zen Car card in order to activate the charging station and plug your car for a free charging. It is that easy. You only have to pay for your parking time.

I personally tested Albertine and Grand-Place. And it works.

See Zen Car confirmation email (no Fool's Day joke this time, promised)
Pour les utilisateurs de véhicules privés nous vous proposons de vous rendre dans les Interparkings qui sont équipés d’une station de recharge Zen Car.
http://www.zencar.eu/fr/#nos-stations
Il vous suffit de demander à leur desk que l’on vous remette (en prêt) la carte Zen Car en leur possession pour ouvrir la borne et recharger votre véhicule.

Sont équipés de schuko :
- Louise
- Poelaert
- Gd-Place
- Woluwe Shopping Center
- CCN – gare du nord

Shuko + Mennekes :
- Albertine
- Ecuyer

Bien à vous,

Hello agj,

Will pick up my car next week from Waterloo. I think I saw on the forum your input on how to register on the ConnectedDrive portal (for my iPhone etc...). Can you let me know where I can find this info on the forum? Thanks,

Ci3ndy said:
Hello agj,

Will pick up my car next week from Waterloo. I think I saw on the forum your input on how to register on the ConnectedDrive portal (for my iPhone etc...). Can you let me know where I can find this info on the forum? Thanks,

At last!!
Brilliant!
Don't forget to post some pictures!!

As for the question you ask, it actually made realise that I have been posting quite a few contributions here :oops:

You probably refer to this one : http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=672

Anyway, should you need help, don't hesitate to send a MP. I can't promise to help in Vlaams (ik ben spaans), but I'll try :)

Thank you agj, English or French will also be fine !
You do post a lot but always very interesting & to the point so keep
on posting! It is very helpful ! Will let you know if I need
Expert help on the car. Have a nice day,

Hi!

This is a question for my fellow Belgian owners.

After 8 months (!) of ownership, I just realized that there is no fire extinguisher in my Stormtrooper i3.

Before I ask my dealer, I wanted to know if other Belgian owners got one installed or not.

I thought that fire extinguishers were mandatory in all vehicles, even EV's, at least in Belgium.

Cheers form Mons/Bergen

Hello Agj,

As I did some extensive interior cleaning yesterday, I can confirm that I saw mine under the passenger seat (well hidden).
So maybe yours fell out on the way from Germany.... ;)

Bonjour,

Je suis sur le point de commander une i3 pour une entreprise.

A la question de savoir quelles conditions m'étaient proposées, quelle fut ma surprise de m'entendre dire que les prix sont nets et qu'il en est ainsi dans toute l'Europe.
La voiture est vendue par BMW Belgique et non par le concessionnaire. Aucune remise n'est consentie.

Le propriétaires belges du forum peuvent-ils me confirmer qu'il en fut de même pour leur achat ?

"C'est la même politique commerciale que pour l'iPhone", m'a-t-on dit. Je suis un peu irrité par cette manière de procéder. J'imagine que des stratèges commerciaux ont imaginé que, pour cette voiture aussi exclusive et innovante, les clients doivent être sous le coup d'une addiction telle qu'ils acceptent tout. Je vais acheter la voiture mais je n'ai pas envie en signant le bon de commande de cautionner cette politique commerciale qui implique un nouveau rapport avec la clientèle.

Qu'en pensez-vous ?

Merci.

Ballon said:
Bonjour,

Je suis sur le point de commander une i3 pour une entreprise.

A la question de savoir quelles conditions m'étaient proposées, quelle fut ma surprise de m'entendre dire que les prix sont nets et qu'il en est ainsi dans toute l'Europe.
La voiture est vendue par BMW Belgique et non par le concessionnaire. Aucune remise n'est consentie.

Le propriétaires belges du forum peuvent-ils me confirmer qu'il en fut de même pour leur achat ?

"C'est la même politique commerciale que pour l'iPhone", m'a-t-on dit. Je suis un peu irrité par cette manière de procéder. J'imagine que des stratèges commerciaux ont imaginé que, pour cette voiture aussi exclusive et innovante, les clients doivent être sous le coup d'une addiction telle qu'ils acceptent tout. Je vais acheter la voiture mais je n'ai pas envie en signant le bon de commande de cautionner cette politique commerciale qui implique un nouveau rapport avec la clientèle.

Qu'en pensez-vous ?

Merci.

Bonjour,
Je te confirme que j'ai eu la même expérience, comme je suppose tous les acheteurs en Belgique et en Europe : pas de remise, contrat de vente passé entre l'acheteur et l'importateur (BMW Belux), concessionnaire jouant le rôle d'intermédiaire plutôt que de vendeur ...

Ce type de positionnement n'est pas nouveau dans le secteur automobile; l'Opel Ampera, à son lancement, était également vendue directement par Opel Belgique et les concessionnaires n'avaient aucune marge de manoeuvre. Malgré ses méventes, je crois que l'Ampera, du moins pour celles qui restent dans le stock, est toujours vendue selon ce business model (pas de remise) alors même que l'arrêt de sa production a été confirmé.

Les véhicules à production limitée (BMW i3, i8, Ampera, etc) ne sont pas les seuls à se voir appliquer ce type de modèle de vente. Le prix de l'iPhone, mais aussi celui de la plupart des smartphones, est également fixé une fois pour toute par la branche européenne de la marque. Sont également concernés les lave-vaisselles, les téléviseurs, etc. que l'on retrouvent généralement au même prix quelle que soit l'enseigne qui les distribue. Les démarques ou autres remises n'existant plus que de façon anecdotique et à la marge. L'argument de vente "vous ne trouverez pas moins cher ailleurs" prend un tout autre sens puisqu'en effet, il est également devenu tout aussi impossible de trouver "plus cher" ailleurs dans la mesure où les prix de vente finaux ne sont plus fixés par le distributeur mais par la maison-mère qui a fabriqué le produit.

Mes maigres connaissances en marketing ou en économie ne me permettent pas d'avoir un avis. Mais je ne crois pas qu'il s'agisse d'une cabale imaginée pour plumer les early-adopters que nous sommes. Je pense plutôt que ce mouvement va se généraliser dans un grand nombre de domaines à mesure que va se développer la vente en ligne (aussi pour les véhicules!!). Le contrôle des prix en amont sera en effet la seule façon pour les grosses boîtes de maintenir leurs revenus.

My 2 cents ....

Merci beaucoup agj pour cette réponse si rapide. Je comprends maintenant mieux le contexte de vente de l'i3.

Je vais commander la semaine prochaine à condition que la livraison qui m'a été annoncée pour novembre soit bien confirmée. Le véhicule doit en effet être immatriculé en 2014.

Hello,

I ordered a i3 + rex yesterday, BMW dealer Louyet in Charleroi . Delivery expected end December.

I would like to ask you which charger you use at home. I've found this information about the Bosch charger build in the USA and available on amazon.com :

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/09/24/installing-level-2-charger-electric-car/

Thanks,

Ballon

Back