BMW i Mobility Services

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BMW didn't announce how much they invested, but it's obviously enough that Coloumb Technologies was ok with them announcing this type of strategic investment/agreement.

BMW isn't just building electric vehicles with 4 wheels, BMW is also building an all electric scooter. Beyond the subcompact i3 electric city car and the i8 sports coupe, there will be a 2 wheeled electric scooter that will be part of the BMW i brand.

Having been through a few versions already, the current prototype of the scooter is called the C Evolution and BMW says it's near production.

The C Evolution contains air-cooled 8-kilowatt hour lithium ion batteries powering a motor with 47hp of peak power. The range is apparently around 60 miles.
The C Evolution has so much power from the electric motor that it delivers similar performance to a 600cc motorcycle.

BMW offered no prices or dates for this i scooter, but it could launch around the same time as the BMW i3 in the fall of 2013. For more information on the BMW i sub brand, stay tuned to the BMW i3 Forum!

BMW i C Evolution electric scooter Controls and Instrument Panel
2012-bmw-c-evolution-electric-scooter-prototype_100397379_l.jpg

BMW i C Evolution electric scooter
2012-bmw-c-evolution-electric-scooter-prototype_100397380_l.jpg

I was doing some business research an noticed that the BMW i division is partnering with a UK company called ParkAtMyHouse:

http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/uk/about-us/

You can see the BMW i3 partnership at the bottom of the page. Does anyone here on the BMW i3 forum know where the value in the alliance is. My guess would be if some of these parking spaces had electric vehicle re-charge stations they could become quit valuable to BMW i3 owners. Whats your guess? Helping the environment would be my second guess.

I see that the BMW i3 will be teaming up with the DriveNow company in Germany as seen here:

https://www.drive-now.com/

Does anyone here on the BMW i3 forum know if there is a similar company to this in America. Seems like a pretty interesting business concept that could spill nicely over into the electric vehicle market.

BMW i just launched DriveNow here in the US. The first city to offer the DriveNow service is San Francisco. They are currently using 70 BMW ActiveE electric cars and have eight locations through the city.

Rich Steinberg just announced he is leaving his post as Manager of electric vehicles and strategy for BMW North America to take the position of CEO of DriveNow USA, a BMW i venture. Over the past three plus years I have been in the MINI-E and ActiveE programs I have gotten to know Rich quite well and he told me about this move last month before it was formally announced. Rich seemed genuinely excited about the new position and has a lot of confidence the car sharing program will be very successful in major cities in the US and around the world.

As it relates to this forum, BMW will be using i3's in their DriveNow program. I think this will be a great opportunity for people to get a taste of electric cars if they are on the fence deciding to buy one. You can join the program, and take an i3 out for a couple days of driving. That's better than any 15 minute test drive a dealership will offer.

BMW i is much more than making electric cars and plug in hybrid electric cars. They are going to be offering many more services like ParkNow and DriveNow which are car sharing and parking assistance programs. In this thread we can discuss the other mobility services that come from BMW i.

Back