BMW i3 Launch Event

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

I've just been invited to the i3 Launch Event here in the UK.

........and its on 1st August!

I'm sure if its happening in the UK on 1st August it will be happening elsewhere too.... so get ready folks.

I will obviously be taking plenty of photos - but my thoughts are the web will be awash with pictures by then.... however I will also take my tape measure and endeavour to get dimensions of things like the depth of boot .....rear leg room etc. Which might not be in the public domain at that point.

Additional info with Launch invite - 6 colours at Launch (no idea which - but I'm sure one is Valencia Orange!) and 4 (I think) interior themes - by all accounts these are more than just different colour palette's - they make the interiors look quite different from each other.

.......not long now.

That's great news!

Unfortunately, no news about a special event here in France...

I suppose your event will be in London, at the BMW i store?

Take a lot of pictures and let us know!

lolotte

Yes, its at the BMW i Store, Park Lane, London

The Store is actually quite small, so once the Car and all the lighting etc is set up I can't imagine there will be much room for people so the guest list can't be that extensive.

I feel very privileged to have been asked.

Yes, I will take LOADS of photos...... don't worry!

YashuV said:
I don't think they will show the production version there? Would they?

I was told it will be an early production model - so not a concept ...... but a "not for sale" production car.

gaz26 said:
I also have an invite but thought it was being held somewhere else

You might be right - I've only had a verbal invite - and I did think the "i"Store was a bit small for such a major launch.

Do you have more concrete info?

YashuV said:
I don't think they will show the production version there? Would they?

From the WhatCar? website.........

"Fancy being one of the first people in the world to see the all-new BMW i3 electric city car? Here's your chance.

We're giving you the opportunity to have your say on the new BMW i3 just 24 hours after it's unveiled to the world's media – and you'll get to see the car at the same central London venue.

First seen in concept form at the Frankfurt motor show in 2011, the all-electric i3 and soon-to-follow i8 sports car are promised to shake up the electric car market. BMW reckons 6000 people have already expressed an interest in its 'game changing' i brand.

The four-door aluminium and carbonfibre i3 city car is due to go on sale at the end of the year and features a whole host of innovative technology, as well as a futuristic, eye-catching design.

Has the BMW i3 got what it takes to get you behind the wheel of an electric car? Will you share BMW's vision of the future of motoring? This is your chance to find out.

If you're free to join us in London on the evening of Tuesday, July 30th"

So July 29th is the World Launch Day

Very few cars actually get launched at Motorshows these days - I'm not sure why ...... I thought the i3 would be.
I suppose if you want to control the marketing activity around a car its easier to "Internet" launch a car these days.

July 29th was probably chosen to give BMW enough time to do a number of "private" Launches to interested punters (make them feel special...... its working!) and then do the big splash at the Frankfurt Motorshow.
99% of potential i3 customers will probably only be aware of the car after its launched at Frankfurt - they don't read car magazines or Forums - they will just read about it in their Sunday Colour Supplement - or see one on the road!

Also BMW has so many other cars its launching at Frankfurt & LA such as the New X5, 4 Series Coupe, 3rd Gen Mini, a new range of engines plus maybe the 1 Series GT (BMW's first front wheel drive car - so another BIG moment for BMW) that they will want to give the i3 some space and its moment in the Sun.... so the 29th is probably optimum time for BMW .... just my opinion.

gaz26 said:
Just to clarify Old Billingsgate !

.....ah that makes more sense.

I'm not overly fond of the smell of fish.........

Tom ......... Don't worry we'll take plenty of photo's.

.....and ask lots of questions.

If there are any questions that haven't been answered by the time the 1st arrives ..... don't hesitate to post them here.

I managed to secure an invitation to the What Car event on the 30th on Tuesday. After submitting the request I very quickly received confirming acceptance and am also allowed to take a guest. Very excited!

Davidfromdigswell said:
I managed to secure an invitation to the What Car event on the 30th on Tuesday. After submitting the request I very quickly received confirming acceptance and am also allowed to take a guest. Very excited!

It looks like this forum will be well represented at the Launch events ..... hopefully giving us the chance to get as much info as possible. Well done David.

Back