BMW i3 - Why did you get one, OR Why do you want one?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I the article I just posted, there is a statement: "last year BMW ran a promotion on the 2015 i3 and I was able to pick one (electric only, 60 A-h, Giga world package) up for $196,50 per month for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year with no money out of pocket."

Can anyone educate me on this? The author says these promotions happen periodically. Is it a EU only promotion? I'd jump out of my skin to lease a battery only I3 for $200 a month with nothing down. My local dealer just quoted me $5,000 down and $500 a month for that mileage.

Not a European thing. I live in the UK and a new REX on PCP is extortionate 600-800 a month depending on mileage.

My BMW dealer told me to go with my car scheme at work which was more than £200 a month cheaper. I have tried leasing companies and they are also very expensive unless you drive about 5000 miles a year. I do that in 3 months ! I think they don't know what will happen with residuals.

I am going to go for 2 year lease and then hope battery is improved or look at the Tesla being released end of 2018 if electric range is better.

Back