Buy used REx 2017

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BimmerSass

Hi, I’m on the hunt for my first 2017 i3 REx and have had some great advice so far.

looking at the photos of the frunks. I see empty ones and ones with a block with tow hook and other stuff.
What are these items? Do I need them to come with the car or can I get them later used.

I also see missing chargers. If I had to buy a charger, What would be a good replacement or better level 1 charge for this REx? Need this info to negotiate if missing and also to have a better understanding of total cost of car.

I understand that the 2nd key fob is $400-500 …. Have read and understood the potential nightmare if you only have one and lose it. That will be a priority to acquire, if the car only has one.

Please feel free to add anything else I should be looking for

Thanks for your time.

Hello 2016 Rex here!

Since there is no spare, the frunk has a inflating bottle and compressor. You can buy them OE, $30 and $100 respectively.

The level 1 charger that comes with the i3 is OEM BMW Delphi #6826371-01. This is around $250 used.

I do not have any info on the 2nd key. I'm sure it's not cheap and having a 2nd one would be critical.

The i3 is a great car! Best of luck on your search!

MidwestRex said:
Hello 2016 Rex here!

Since there is no spare, the frunk has a inflating bottle and compressor. You can buy them OE, $30 and $100 respectively.

The level 1 charger that comes with the i3 is OEM BMW Delphi #6826371-01. This is around $250 used.

I do not have any info on the 2nd key. I'm sure it's not cheap and having a 2nd one would be critical.

Thanks. I can’t wait to get one but, I need to do my research and not over pay. I love the brand, right now I have a classic 2001 330i 5-speed. My favorite baseball hats are my BMW hats…hate to have to stop wearing them for a difference brand. 😝
The dealer quoted $840.00 for the charger…so good to know that I can get a used one for $250.
So,that is a level 1 charger that charges at 4 miles per hour in a regular three prong outlet?

BimmerSass said:
MidwestRex said:
Hello 2016 Rex here!

Thanks. I can’t wait to get one but, I need to do my research and not over pay. I love the brand, right now I have a classic 2001 330i 5-speed. My favorite baseball hats are my BMW hats…hate to have to stop wearing them for a difference brand. 😝
The dealer quoted $840.00 for the charger…so good to know that I can get a used one for $250.
So,that is a level 1 charger that charges at 4 miles per hour in a regular three prong outlet?

Yes, the level 1 charger is used with your household 120 volt, 3 prong outlet. Also, it is around 1.7 kw/h charge rate (4 miles to the hour). If you are looking for a charger, I just grabbed one of these. It's a BMW level 1 and level 2 charger combined. I've heard good things and was able to find a used one off ebay for $199.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/5755/BMW-TURBOCORD-CHARGER

MidwestRex said:
BimmerSass said:
MidwestRex said:
Hello 2016 Rex here!

Yes, the level 1 charger is used with your household 120 volt, 3 prong outlet. Also, it is around 1.7 kw/h charge rate (4 miles to the hour). If you are looking for a charger, I just grabbed one of these. It's a BMW level 1 and level 2 charger combined. I've heard good things and was able to find a used one off ebay for $199.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/5755/BMW-TURBOCORD-CHARGER
Thanks. I will check it out if my car doesn’t come with one. We are planning to eventually have a Level 2 hook up in or garage.

Back