CEL Returning

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRPH

~ One week ago had the CEL caused by fuel door sensor. Fixed (?) by BMW maybe. After a short stint at the local BMW "car hospital" picked up car with no problems. This morning go to drive and I have another CEL. My question(1) is- is there a CEL thrown by a low 12 volt battery (42 degrees F here this morning) - and I'm thinking that might have pushed the battery voltage low enough to trigger it if that is the case. Second question- can anybody recommend a diagnostic app for the vgate adapter, iPhone so that I can read the cell and possible clear it - I'm thinking of downloading OBD Fusion - seems to be rated well. Third question- if I do need to order and replace the battery, and "register" it, I've read that Carly for BMW can do it- but also $49.99; any other options or has anybody done this yet.
- Decided to download OBD Fusion - only $9.99 - to see what is going on. Came back with the P018B code I had before I took it in; so it appears as if it has nothing to do with the battery. Cleared it with the app (very simple); seems to be a good app if you already have a vgate for Bimmercode. Now as long as it does not return I'll be happy.

No I didn't, but I will keep it in mind if it pops up again. So far after clearing it with OBD Fusion it has remained off. Thank you for the reply.

Latest posts

Back