Done it

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magic77

Well finally sorted. Order for i3 Rex placed this morning.

Annoyingly missed the boat on free charging points. 32Amp Type 2 is now 250 plus vat from 13th of April

Wehay! what spec did you go with? I ordered mine in Feb and still waiting for mine. I also missed the free charge point offer but it was due to Chargemaster being completely and utterly incompetent more than anything else. I'm sure that others may have had better experiences with them but I certainly didn't.

£250 + VAT sounds high compared to what I'm seeing. Most seem to be around the £200 mark all in. Have you spoken with Rolec?

Congratulations. I too want to know spec, colour, options etc. when are you expecting delivery?

Hello all. I've just done it, as well!

* Grey 2014 i3 REx w/Tera and the other optional packages (Park Assist, Tech and Driving Assist, 20" wheels, HK sound)
* 3 year, 10K miles per, lease

I was able to negotiate the MSRP from US$55.5K down to $49.5K, then essentially got full advantage of the $7,500 US Federal tax credit as a capital cost reduction (in US, it seems that BMW has typically been only passing on $4,875, but in March, that was upped it to $5,500 on the 2014s and BMW added $2,000 in "builder's cash"). After my trade (2007 Honda Accord with 70K miles) and an additional $4,000 down (excluding fees), the lease payment comes out to US$173 per month, which I'm happy with.
In addition, Massachusetts has a rapidly dwindling EV rebate fund, and the i3 qualifies for the max $2,500, so I should be getting that check in the next 75 days as well.
I haven't checked my software yet. They were supposed to upgrade it, but I don't know what, if anything, is in the 2015s that didn't make it into my 2014.
I dropped in a 40A circuit at home and installed a ClipperCreek HCS-40 L2 EVSE, which worked great last night (the first charge).

All I can say is that I absolutely love it!

Nice deal. Enjoy the Rex. I have the same car and the same color. Love driving it. Drive 56 miles roundtrip to work everyday and have not spent a dime on gas for normal commute since I picked the car up on December 1st. Look at DVDinMotion for the ability to unlock the range extender so that you can run it manually and then the car becomes more palatable as a longer distance vehicle. Good luck.

Back