Forum Software Upgrade - and possible forum downtime

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
admin said:
I33t said:
Thanks alohart, looks like postimage has changed their layout as well. My mistake!

In any case, the previous forum filled the screen on a vertical iPhone display. Surely this issue can be resolved. MyNissanLeaf uses the same software, and it fills the width of the iPhone screen just fine.

L33t, this should be fixed now. I don't have an iphone but tests on my android show it's fixed. Could you please confirm?

Hi admin, yes, I can confirm it behaves on the iphone now.

Thanks for your active involvement in ironing out the problems!

admin said:
Are you talking on this page: http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics
Every topic I see there has an icon. Which topic doesn't have one for you?
Yes, that's the page that on which a few (15%?) of icons were missing, but all icons are visible today, even when I expand Active Topics to several weeks. So whatever I was seeing has either been fixed or my hallucinations have ceased :D

Thanks for being so prompt in fixing the problems that this upgrade created!

Sparky said:
Font is too small for my old eyes.

The post text is the same size as the old format. The quotes are slightly smaller to save space.

Perhaps it's more of a color issue? The text is more of a dark grey, maybe black would increase readability?

Edit: Just thought of this - what size screen are you viewing it on? Desktop/tablet/phone?

ok "active topic button" missing and far to dull coulors white, blue & grey just too much the same try looking on a laptop in daylight and you will see what i mean..

admin said:
Sparky said:
Font is too small for my old eyes.

The post text is the same size as the old format. The quotes are slightly smaller to save space.

Perhaps it's more of a color issue? The text is more of a dark grey, maybe black would increase readability?

Edit: Just thought of this - what size screen are you viewing it on? Desktop/tablet/phone?

Ipad

Yikes, I'm going snow-blind from all the greyspace!
My 28" monitor has 13½" on the vertical, and starting from the top I get a sliver of an OS strip, then the fairly narrow browser toolbars, then on the mybmwi3.com page are four Texas-sized bars that could easily be consolidated into one, then at long last I encounter the forum I have clicked onto - 6½" down from the top! And that's with an adblocker; unblock the block and add in a Tesla ad and now there is 7½" of gubbins before I can get to new information. In other words, more than half of my screen real estate is now squatted by housekeeping. For comparison, a Google search gives results in 3" and DuckDuckGo in 2".
Should Edward R. Tufte stumble across this site it will become lampooned as his bad-boy poster child of data density, or lack of it.

Table tags?

The last one was more HTML style. Just curious if some of the BBCode-like, table tags are supported or planned?

The reason is I like to share data from my tests and recently completed a 700 mile trip, to and returned, between Huntsville AL and Stillwater OK. It was the first time my wife, dogs, and our fully loaded BMW i3-REx made the trip. Bullet lists are OK but I prefer to share the numbers with those who like to load up their own spreadsheets.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

I echo a previous post. Please made the font color BLACK, the grey is too hard to read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back