Frunk cover - which is better

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 5Spurs one does not even exist. If you read further down they need a certain number of commitments to produce it.
People have been posting that link for at least 3 years now that I recall and no one has one.
The Wokeby one is very nice but it is also in Germany so you will pay a good chunk of change to have it shipped to the USA.

The Wokeby one is very nice but it is also in Germany so you will pay a good chunk of change to have it shipped to the USA.
Wokeby is currently charging €62 for shipping to the U.S. which is a significant percentage of the cost of the frunk sealing. However, BEV owners could add a trunk extension to their order without paying an additional shipping charge which is what I did.

The frunk sealing does what it's designed to do and was easy to install using only adhesive Velcro strips. The iSeal is an interesting design that would probably also work well. However, it's apparently not and might never be available.

or you could spend $20 and get a cheap insulated cooler bag like this:
P5alh9h.jpg

u9RdSQc.jpg

(not my car)

cooler bag works just as well i recon

i have the wokeby item, does not seal 100%, stuff sitting in the compartment inside a bin bag :(

I bought the Etsy elastic cover last summer, it has worked very well. The side velcro on the triangles does not engage but that has not caused a problem. The seller makes a few at a time so they are usually available eventually.

I do like the insulated cooler, I'll have to measure my frunk and see what I can find. I bought a waterproof "ocean bag" for my frunk and fit anything that can't get a little wet.

I roll with the method Evanstoni3 pointed out, that cooler bag is a perfect fit. I do use a couple dry bags inside it for some stuff. So far the last year and a half its been great.

What are you guys trying to keep dry? The stuff that BMW puts in there is waterproof. If I had to put something in there that had to stay dry, I’d use a camping dry-bag that occupies only part of the space. A leaky container will keep as much water in as out.

Back