Frunk cover - which is better

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you guys trying to keep dry? The stuff that BMW puts in there is waterproof. If I had to put something in there that had to stay dry, I’d use a camping dry-bag that occupies only part of the space. A leaky container will keep as much water in as out.
Tire patch kit, dustbuster, tool kit.

Alternatively, get a length of pipe insulation foam to fit over the front lip of the frunk.
Cheap and effective - a plumber would probably give you an odd length to save them throwing it away!
Note a clean frunk, despite my penny-pinching use of two different pieces!!

1709669955417.png

Alternatively, get a length of pipe insulation foam to fit over the front lip of the frunk.
Cheap and effective - a plumber would probably give you an odd length to save them throwing it away!
Note a clean frunk, despite my penny-pinching use of two different pieces!!

View attachment 617
I bet a "pool noodle" would work as well. And, chances are you can find one in a matching blue! :)

This is a custom made water resistant frunk bag by Love2Customize on Facebook. It's a well known seller of custom seat covers for the i3. They also venture in other i3 bits like dash panel covers. I also have the seat covers and absolutely love them since kids/dog/wife are all making messes in my i3 that are hard to clean otherwise.

1711989224471.png

I too have the cooler bag. I purchased the blue. It fits nice and allows me to move it if I want.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back