How to get the app to work?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the iDrive gubbins is under the back seats see

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787263
09_I01 Information and Communication.pdf

jamesvdv said:
Glad you got it working :)

Have you taken a photo of all the stuff under the seat? How did you remove the rear seat?

Thanks.
No photo, but the seat is lifted off its clips from the front. Just give it a tug.

Putting it back is a faff as you have to thread the seat belt clips through but still really easy. No screws/bolts or anything.

jackt said:
All the iDrive gubbins is under the back seats see

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787263
09_I01 Information and Communication.pdf

Fantastic link. Thank you.

Any suggestions for those of us reluctant to pull up the seat and start fooling with the car's wiring? My iRemote works most of the time, but fails sporadically. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it will update it's information, and when not.

bdcrane said:
Any suggestions for those of us reluctant to pull up the seat and start fooling with the car's wiring? My iRemote works most of the time, but fails sporadically. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it will update it's information, and when not.

My Ipad always updates, Android phone is hit and miss. I assume something to do with the connection to the server. Ipad is via wifi and broadband, Android is over 3G.

bdcrane said:

I've not had any issues since doing what I did!! ;)

It's been working perfectly well since on my Android tablet and Android phone as well as on the computer.

Probably best if you take it in to the dealer and get them to tinker with the under seat connections? At least if things go wrong it'll be them that sort it out.

Back