i3 REx Reportedly Does Not Qualify for California White HOV

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CARB's bimonthly update:

"As of February 28, 2014, 33,637 "green" stickers have been issued."

The last two months they went at a slightly faster rate than the previous two. At this rate they should run out on May 15. (December projection was May 19.)

StickersFeb.jpg

The i3 REx is still not on the green sticker approved list, although the i3 EV has been on the list since Feb. 7.

toolworker said:
CARB's bimonthly update:

"As of February 28, 2014, 33,637 "green" stickers have been issued."

The last two months they went at a slightly faster rate than the previous two. At this rate they should run out on May 15. (December projection was May 19.)

StickersFeb.jpg

The i3 REx is still not on the green sticker approved list, although the i3 EV has been on the list since Feb. 7.

Good Call. I was expecting them to last a few more months but I think your predicted "stampede" is under way!

TomMoloughney said:
Good Call. I was expecting them to last a few more months but I think your predicted "stampede" is under way!
As of Sept. 16, new car dealers have been able to order the stickers from DMV with the VINs, so they can deliver the sticker at the time of purchase.

This coincides pretty well with the increase in the rate of sticker issue. Might not explain it all, but it could be a factor.

Friends, as of this date, we just don't know. Patience and good lobbying in the state capital by BMW may yet get the white sticker for the Range Extended vehicles. Its by no means a sure thing but its not over until it is over.
drb

toolworker said:
TomMoloughney said:
As of Sept. 16, new car dealers have been able to order the stickers from DMV with the VINs, so they can deliver the sticker at the time of purchase.

This coincides pretty well with the increase in the rate of sticker issue. Might not explain it all, but it could be a factor.

Toolworker, really? Because my California dealer told me that we'll need the number plate in order to apply for the sticker and those are not given out until the car actually arrives and is picked up at the dealership...

Back