iRemote trip history

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodlandHills

We use our i3 for running errands around town and make several stops on each outing. We might drive 20 miles, but since the last stop is only 1.9 miles from our home and since it is at the very bottom of the hill we live on, we cannot see our efficiency on the rest of the journeys. Just the climb up the steep hillside.
Is there a way to go back and look at all the segments as just one daily trip or even check each of the short legs?

Yes, thank you. The point of the post was to find a way to avoid having to do just that. Jotting info down on scraps of paper in the midst of running errands is not really 2014 is it? The app is another instance of BMW not quite getting there.......

WoodlandHills said:
Yes, thank you. The point of the post was to find a way to avoid having to do just that. Jotting info down on scraps of paper in the midst of running errands is not really 2014 is it? The app is another instance of BMW not quite getting there.......

Your trip computer in the car will at least show the data since the last recharge, of course that could include more than you last miles for the current trip if you ran errands on the previous day or whatever. Plus the trip computer has to be set to reset after each recharge if you chose to use it that way. I agree I do what you do, many short trips and then can only see the last 1.9 miles or whatever. Even worse if you turn the car off and on again at home for some reason, you have zero miles for a last trip.

It would be pretty easy to add a "Show Trip History" screen, they already collect all of that information and report it back to the server to calculate the average usage data for the individual account as well as the Community. Sometimes I get the feeling that we are all beta testers so that BMW can roll out the final full featured version of the iRemote app next year after they learn from all of our struggles. It would have been nice if they had told us though: I for one would have had much lower expectations.

The limited EV electronaut program from BMW was sort of the beta test facility, and when the i3 came out, I look at it as version 1.0. Most version 1.0 software leaves something to be desired. Since there are now LOTS more people in the i3 than there was in their initial trial run, lots more ideas on what people expect and desire from the app. I'd expect tweaks along the way. But, maybe as important, or more so, is overcoming any of the teething problems in the vehicle itself. The app is nice, but IMHO, secondary to getting the vehicle functioning at its peak. For a version 1.0, I've been very pleased with both. Anything new is just a bonus.

Back