Note to anyone using Auto Park

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itnetpro

DONT DO IT!

First time it parked on right side of road EASY PEEZY SUPER COOL

Second time on left rubbed up against the sidewalk and tore a 2 inch gash in the sidewall.

Now my wife will have to rent a car for 2 days while we wait for the tire. Two good things came from this.

1. 20 Inch summer tire replacement mounted and everything only $200
2. That white goo they use to seal tires incase of flat. I could not believe it but after a minute or two of the stuff spraying out it stopped spraying and sealed. It got us 25 miles back to home. About 1 block from where I live the pressure sensor alerted that the tire pressure was low and when we pulled into the garage it was in the process of deflating again.

I really did not expect the goo to seal a slash in the sidewall. I thought that was amazing that i was able to fill the tire to 41PSI and drive normally close to 25 miles home before it started to leak again.

Anyone know where I can replace that compressed can of goo for a reasonable price?

Sorry to hear about your problems. Coukdnt the slashing have occurred during normal parking, too? I know you might have watched out, but these things can happen.

As an aside, I was wondering if the pump can be used -in an emergency- to inflate tyres without the cartridge. I seem to remember that it has a pressure meter.

psquare said:
As an aside, I was wondering if the pump can be used -in an emergency- to inflate tyres without the cartridge. I seem to remember that it has a pressure meter.
Yes. I use it monthly to check and add some air to my tires, if necessary. I doubt that the gauge is as accurate as a good dial air pressure gauge, but it's probably accurate enough to inflate the rear tires to 8 psi more than the front tires. This difference is more important to me than the actual pressure which I strive to set to 10 psi over the recommended levels in hopes of providing more protection to my wheels and tires in our pothole-infested roads. I realize that this makes the ride rougher and probably reduces traction a bit, but I'm OK with these trade-offs.

barrychan said:
It happened to me but only the rim was rashed

I've got a set of Alloygators. One has a nasty rash already which is both satisfying and infuriating at the same time.

I can't blame park assist for mine though, it was all my own doing.

Back