Please Seriously Consider a 4WD SUV for the i-series

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mitsubishi eX SUV 250 mi BEV scheduled for 2020 production

http://www.motortrend.com/news/we-hear-mitsubishi-ex-concept-is-greenlit-for-production/

"The commitment is to return to full EV when the infrastructure is mature," said Mitsubishi UK boss Lance Bradley, in an interview with Autocar. "Full electric power is very much part of Mitsubishi’s future."

As previously reported, Mitsubishi’s lineup will be dominated by crossovers. Back in December, Mitsubishi CEO Osamu Masuko said his company has "changed direction" and will focus on making crossovers as "core models in the U.S. market."

A good move by Mitsubishi, though it needs to see the light from BMW i3 that people want 100 mi EV with range extender as well, especially since Mitsubishi seems still constrained by battery manufacturing capacity on the Outlander PHEV, with only a 12kwh battery.

Have to give props to Mitsubishi, it appears to be better committed to EV than almost every other manufactures not named Tesla.

shaoyu said:
Have to give props to Mitsubishi, it appears to be better committed to EV than almost every other manufactures not named Tesla.
BMW has said that all models will be available as plug-in hybrids by 2020, and who really knows other than BMW what new I-series models will be available by then, too. Sounds like some sort of commitment to me.

Fuelcell tech is coming, but that's an even worse chicken/egg situation than plug-ins and the availability of CCS units. They did recently say they had a fuel cell vehicle with a 700km range, but what good is that if you can only recharge it in a few places?

Back