Price and Ordering Guide for US Now Online

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfingslovak

The US pricing list has just been released. (via bimmerpost and the i3 Facebook grop).

2014 BMW i3 Price and Ordering Guide for US Now Online

bmwi3mnl

Click to open

Awesome. Fully loaded i3 will be about 50K. And good to see that there is pricing for Euro delivery which is 2K less than standard pricing.

Question: Why is the DC fast charging capability $700? Does it require additional hardware on the car?

carbonblackcab said:
And good to see that there is pricing for Euro delivery which is 2K less than standard pricing.
Thanks for calling it out! I haven't noticed it, and it's something that would interest me as well.

carbonblackcab said:
Question: Why is the DC fast charging capability $700? Does it require additional hardware on the car?
Yes, the charging inlet will be different, also some changes to cabling and control electronics. That's at least the way this was done in the LEAF, which had a similar pricing on the CHAdeMO quick charging option.

MarkN said:
I can't find any mention of a sunroof. http://blog.caranddriver.com/wacky-world-bmw-outlines-i3s-bizarrely-named-trim-levels/ said one would be included in Giga and Tera world.
Good point, that's unclear right now. Base model pricing is different in the US, and some options have been bundled in a different way too. It will be interesting to hear the story behind this.

carbonblackcab said:
And good to see that there is pricing for Euro delivery which is 2K less than standard pricing.
I cannot translate BMW-speak, so maybe someone can help. The ordering guide states:
Code:
                                                i3      i3 with Range
                                                          Extender
Base Price U.S.A. Port of Entry*             $41,350      $45,200
Base Price Euro Deliver Munich Pick Up          NA           NA
Base Price Diplomatic U.S.A. Port of Entry   $39,285      $42,940
I would very much prefer European delivery, but at quick glance, it does not appear to be available.

TomMoloughney said:
MarkN said:
I can't find any mention of a sunroof.
Indeed. It was noticeably absent even though previous press releases had it standard on Giga and Tera trim. I wonder if this could mean it won't be available on the first year models. Could be a manufacturing snafu??
Page 2 of the document is missing. Perhaps the answer might be there?

MarkN said:
I can't find any mention of a sunroof.
This seems way too obvious to be an unintentional mistake. The UK configurator clearly shows the sunroof in the 360 interior view, while it's impossible to make it appear in the US version. This sucks, because the lack of sunroof is actually a deal breaker for me. There are just too many things already which set the i3 behind a normal luxury car at that price range. I'm glad I waited for more info before putting in a preorder.

re: European Delivery. There is no ED for the i3. BMW NA's stateside ED rep confirmed this.
(Note that the .pdf states N/A for an ED MSRP)

Back