RE: Driving Stabilisation Problem

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiebaruch

I have had an error message appear saying that there is a problem with Driving Stabilisation.
Does anyone know what this may mean?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Jamie

The car has various sensors and that feeds logic in the car to help detect things like: wheels slipping both on acceleration or sliding, and excessive g-forces that might lead up to an unstable situation. When detected, the computer can limit power, and maybe some other aspects to keep the car from becoming unstable and potentially dangerous. While sliding the car can be fun, and with expert skills, might let you proceed faster than without, it is generally less safe for most people.

Time to take it to the dealer to sort out. It could be one of the vehicle rotation sensors that also is part of the anti-lock braking system, or the wheel position sensor that compares wheel position verses g-forces, etc.

The car isn't necessarily unsafe, as those systems don't get engaged until you stress the systems, but is more likely to be an issue if the roads are wet, icy, or slippery verses the more typical surfaces (then, throw in your speed and skill).

Back