Rial 19" Rims with Winter Tires.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itnetpro

I wish I had done my homework before I bough the 20" i3. I expected there would be 20" winter tires available for them. Anyway, I decided to go with the 19" Rial rim set with Bridgestone tires from Tire Rack. I assume by law I have no choice but to order the tire pressure monitor setup especially if I have them mount the tires (Correct me if I am wrong). I guess my real question is how hard is it to get the tire pressure monitoring system to work with the new set of wheels/tires? Is it a simple operation and if so how?

John

It's simple...once the tires are installed and properly pumped up and before you've driven the car, turn it on, go to the I-drive menu (I think it's vehicle status) and select Reset TPMS, then drive the car until they have been recognized. You'll know when the bar graph gets to 100% as you drive. This can take awhile (longer than with my other BMW), but is probably fastest if you're on a road where you don't have to start and stop often as the wheels don't broadcast except once they are in a certain orientation, and then, not each revolution, so that's why it takes a few miles...starting and stopping just makes it stop and wait for tire motion to occur again.

Back