Squeaking and Gurgling....sounds

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizi3

Just wondering if anyone else has squeaking in their i3's. I'm getting squeaking coming from the "High/Low Beam" knob. It squeaks only when I move the knob into and out of High/Low beams. It does not squeak when I move the knob into the Turn signals.

Also, when a turn the steering wheels to the left I hear a "gurgling" sound coming from the steering column. Funny, it doesn't make noise when turning to the Right.

I'm taking my i3 REx Mega into the dealer to get service on Friday. I will post the results.

Has anyone else experienced this with their i3's.

'95 Bmw M3 Black

Yep. My 3 week old started doing it yesterday. Quite noticeable on short drives. Seems to stop after 10 miles. It is at the dealer now, for diagnosis. Obviously, it didn't do it when I got there because of the longer drive to the dealer. We will see.....

There is a service memo out about this. The problem was the steering strut needed some kind of special lubrication. That was performed, and the sound is gone. It requires a special product. I only hope it will not recur over the life of the vehicle. We will see.

I had my Laurel Gray i3 REx Mega serviced. The service tech said "There was unfavorable clearance between the headlamp stalk and the steering column. We made an adjustment while repairing the steering wheel noise."

I'm going to pickup the car tomorrow. Hopefully, the noise won't return.

It's been about a month since I've had the i3 repair to rid of the "gurgling and squeaking noise." I must report that initially the "squeaking" returned. But for the past two weeks, I haven't heard the noise coming back.

I think Zimbrick BMW of Madison fixed the problem. Thanks!

Back