Tyres

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidfromdigswell

I am assuming that given the unique tyre dimensions of the i3 that purchases of replacement tyres will have to be made through the the dealership nework? I am also assuming that because of German law there will have to be a winter tyre available at launch. I am hoping that these will be available in the UK and I am guessing that due to the uniqueness of the rims it is likely that buying a set complete with rims (so that wheels can be changed easily at home) might be rather expensive.

Davidfromdigswell said:
I am assuming that given the unique tyre dimensions of the i3 that purchases of replacement tyres will have to be made through the the dealership nework? I am also assuming that because of German law there will have to be a winter tyre available at launch. I am hoping that these will be available in the UK and I am guessing that due to the uniqueness of the rims it is likely that buying a set complete with rims (so that wheels can be changed easily at home) might be rather expensive.

There are the stock tires. You'll be able to buy them from sources other than the dealer, like tires stores that sell Bridgestone products. There will also be an optional 20" wheel which will have a larger contact patch and provide better handling but you may lose a few miles of range.

http://auto.bridgestone.eu/passenger-tyres/ranges/ecopia/ep500/?width=155&aspectratio=70&rim=19&loadindex=84&speedindex=Q

Back