UK Build Slot Dates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidfromdigswell

Like many on this forum I have become a little frustrated with the lack of information as to when I will be handed the keys to my new pure electric i3, particularly since it was back in July when I handed my deposit over to my local dealer.

I telephoned the i3 helpline and spoke to a helpful adviser, who when I gave him my name was able to access my order details. He told me his team have recently been informed that build dates will not be allocated until the official launch date in mid November and I might be told my date when attending the dealership test drive event. He said that my early deposit should mean that I am allocated an early build slot probably in February. His understanding was that Rex's would start to be built at the same time as the pure electrics and wouldn't be subject to additional delay.

He also told me that I will be contacted by Schneider in the next 2 weeks to arrange a date for the wall box survey. Feel a bit better now that at least I have some idea of likely dates

Davidfromdigswell said:
Like many on this forum I have become a little frustrated with the lack of information as to when I will be handed the keys to my new pure electric i3, particularly since it was back in July when I handed my deposit over to my local dealer.

I telephoned the i3 helpline and spoke to a helpful adviser, who when I gave him my name was able to access my order details. He told me his team have recently been informed that build dates will not be allocated until the official launch date in mid November and I might be told my date when attending the dealership test drive event. He said that my early deposit should mean that I am allocated an early build slot probably in February. His understanding was that Rex's would start to be built at the same time as the pure electrics and wouldn't be subject to additional delay.

He also told me that I will be contacted by Schneider in the next 2 weeks to arrange a date for the wall box survey. Feel a bit better now that at least I have some idea of likely dates

Same info I was given by someone senior within BMW. I am relaxed about it in fact nice to have a test drive before mine gets built in case I have made a mistake with the spec. Having my wallbox survey on Friday.

Did the dealer sort out the wallbox stuff?

I've not asked and they've not raised it - I'd sort of assumed someone would contact me in due course.

SanSerif said:
Did the dealer sort out the wallbox stuff?

I've not asked and they've not raised it - I'd sort of assumed someone would contact me in due course.
I phoned the helpline as dealer was in the dark. I just want to make sure my property can deliver 32amp fast charge before I buy.

You may be unaware that you can get a free wall box from chargemaster. I have one. all I need is a car.....

http://www.chargemasterplc.com/index.php/free_homecharge_offer/

TheCyclist said:
You may be unaware that you can get a free wall box from chargemaster. I have one. all I need is a car.....

http://www.chargemasterplc.com/index.php/free_homecharge_offer/

Thanks did you go for the 7kw??

Just telephoned the helpline to chase up arranging a wallbox survey and asked again about build dates. Not sure if the position has actually changed since when I last asked (earliest UK slots in February) but was now told that a few UK customers will receive their cars this year.

Back