UK Order v Delivery Dates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark1 said:
Dee123 said:
Curious. Is anyone else here getting their car built next week? My build week is 46.

Hmm - my delivery date is week 49, with production week 45, so that must mean mine is being made now :) :) :)

Edit: Have just phoned customer services and it's at status code 5055 - Confirmed by production control :D :D :D

That's great! I can't wait till next week to have mine built as well! When did you order? My delivery week is also 49. I wonder if they ship them in batches every two weeks???

Dee123 said:
That's great! I can't wait till next week to have mine built as well! When did you order? My delivery week is also 49. I wonder if they ship them in batches every two weeks???

I ordered on 2nd May this year, originally expected week 42, but delayed until 48 (problems sourcing leather in Suite interior I was told).

Just got notified that my delivery date is pushed from the 1st week of January to the 1st/2nd week of February.

On a happier note, here's a map of currently active CCS rapid chargers in Ireland:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/viewer?hl=en&mid=zVDgdgMW7RMA.kduTOkI5y3ts

A further two CCS chargers are due online in Dublin alone this month (Blanchardstown Centre and Topaz Dublin Airport) and I know of 3 other locations across the country going live this month as well.

By March/April, there will be 60 active CCS rapid chargers (one every 25 km on the motorway network).

My delivery has just been bumped again, I'm told due to the suite leather issues, despite some people with suite getting their cars already that were ordered after mine.

So ordered in February 2014, expected delivery is now January 2015, anyone had a longer wait? Longest I've had to wait for a new vehicle before is 10 Days

Ordered my i3 REx on Nov 9th and have just been given estimated delivery during week 9 2015 (last week in Feb).

I was expecting middle of March, so chuffed with this.

:)

So my car went into production two weeks ago and was showing as "assembly complete" at least since Friday last week. Now it seems to be just sitting in the factory??!!!! Still being told I will have it week 49 but really skeptical :?

RJSATLBA said:
Mine stayed at that status for about 3 weeks, then I think it went to something that indicated it was in the hands of the shippers but once shipped it arrived quickly and was pdi'd in 24 hours.

Similar experience for me.

Once manufactured, everything went very quickly. Trip across the channel happens quickly.

It's on its way !

Laurus grey, 428 wheels, ordered early April, estimated delivery October, advised mid-October delivery delayed until January '15, then told UK late orders will be fulfilled this year, upgraded to Suite (leather) interior, end October told in production, delivery 'middle next month', today advised collection Thursday/Friday next week ! :D

csharpa said:
It's on its way !

Congrats!

My dealer has just called me - car being delivered to them on Monday, and I'm collecting it on Thursday.

i3 REx, Laurus Grey, Suite
430 20" alloys, Media Package, Winter Package, Park Assist, Sun protection glass, DC preparation, LED headlights, Harmon Kardon, Internet, Enhanced Bluetooth

csharpa said:
Great ! - maybe the leather problem has ended ?

Gosh I hope so. I ordered mine in February and the last notification had a mid January delivery. I have e-mailed my dealer and await a response.

I'm leasing a poverty spec REx in 'recession white' and just had my order formally placed with BMW. No idea of estimated delivery date but will update this thread when I get it.

Heh, just being tongue in cheek Dee. I called it 'recession white' as it was one of the no cost colour options but happen to think the storm trooper look of the white i3 is bold and beautiful and my first choice anyway.

I'm a Nissan Leaf owner/driver at the mo and can't wait to jump ship to the i3. The design, agility and power are worth the price of admission and I think it'll be a superbly fun and/or effortlessly comfortable daily driver.

I'm hoping for a Jan/Feb 2015 delivery date but fear there may be a wait given some of the production limiting factors people have been posting about recently.

Collected car today, ordered 02/05/14. Originally estimated for 01/10/14 and arrived 27/11/14. so leather supply problems added two months onto the time. Still I'm very happy with it, the regenerative braking will need a little getting used to, but even on day 1, it has started to feel natural.

Hopefully all you others who ordered back in April/May will be getting the call from your dealer any day now, it's been worth the wait!!

Back