UK Order v Delivery Dates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well have I got news for everyone and I am hopping mad. I finally have a delivery date for my I3 which arrived in to the dealer on the 28th April.

Wait for it ........ May 19th

What an absolute Disgrace

I rang BMW UK today and they were very helpful and the I3 customer service told me that Delivery should be no more than 10 days and mine will be 3 weeks.

Apparently claiming the Government Grant, PDI and getting an I3 Delivery driver ( mine is coming from Luton ) takes 3 weeks

What an absolute Joke. This level of service with no communication through out is disgraceful from a BMW Dealer

I cant start to tell you how annoyed I am and If I wasnt so committed to this car I would cancel the order, that is how annoyed I am

Sorry everyone rant over

Off to drown my sorrows

Fiiish said:
Still waiting for Rex ordered end of November, looks like the end of June for delivery.The hold -up seems to be the suite interior. Spotted my first i3 yesterday, M1 junction 12 with foreign plates, looked cool in white.

I just can't believe that, my car ordered December, and I changed the interior to suite in March and it still arrived in April 15th.
Have you been in touch with dealership regularly?

I sent an email every 2 weeks seeking info.

So rang BMW UK who told me that 21 days is fine for delivery. They say paperwork and the fact I am a corporate customer means 21 days is ok. The vehicle is ready but they have no one to deliver it to me as I am over 100 miles away.

I told them in my opinion its a disgrace. All the forms could have been filled in prior to the car ever arriving at the dealer and they surely dont have that many deliveries to make by low loader.

They told me they understand my frustration but it just cant be helped.

I told my lease company I wont be ordering any more cars from them and I will certainly never get one from this BMW dealer

There is just no pressure on the dealer if using a lease company (like I am).

I was informed that delivery was delayed by a month to the 29th May with the car confirmed built on 24th April. I contacted the lease company and told them over a month from build to delivery is just not acceptable and I wanted to raise a formal complaint and would contact the dealer directly. I got an email back in 4 hours today saying the car was at the dealer (first I had heard) and they would arrange delivery in 48 hours.

I now have a delivery date in a week. I am tempted to cancel delivery a couple of days before with no explanation and then give a random 4 month delay for accepting delivery. This means the lease company won't get paid and the dealership will be stuck with a vehicle in their yard and they also won't get paid. I realise I won't have my i3 but it might let them know how it feels and release some of my frustration.

Mezzadm, I'm not a lawyer but I think you will find that clause 4.3 of the UK contract limits your revenge to 7 days from the date you are notified the car is available for delivery. After that it looks like BMW can repudiate the contract, doubtless with all sorts of complications!

My car was built last week in March so I will have waited nearly 2 months. I also thought about mesing them around with delivery but having sold my car over a week ago now I just want the thing.

However this is defo lesson learnt and I will be very careful choosing the lease company I partner with in the future.

Also if the business I worked in provided customer service like the BMW Garage someone would be sacked. I still cant believe that BMW UK just rolled over when told it cant be done by the dealer. Its their dealer and they appointed them so they should have way more clout

What's more, for the i3, you are buying direct from BMW not from the dealer, they are just 'delivering' the car, or not as the case may be. So one would have thought BMW would be even more concerned that dealer indifference didn't let them down.

RJSATLBA said:
What's more, for the i3, you are buying direct from BMW not from the dealer, they are just 'delivering' the car, or not as the case may be. So one would have thought BMW would be even more concerned that dealer indifference didn't let them down.

I agree that the ‘buying direct’ idea that makes the dealer just a deliverer challenges the interest of the dealers. There does not seem to be much in it for them, maybe there is more profit to the dealer than they are saying or they expect more benefits downstream with maintenance and assistance? My dealer seems good, but then again I have bought a few cars from them! As my I3 is due for delivery late Aug they assumed I would want to wait for the 1 Sep ‘new plate’. However, as I explained - firstly I have my own plates and secondly as I am only leasing the car the registration date makes no difference to me. It will be interesting to see what happens about the actual registration date as there is a clear advantage to BMW to postpone registration!

MikeS said:
RJSATLBA said:
It will be interesting to see what happens about the actual registration date as there is a clear advantage to BMW to postpone registration!

I'm not so sure, my dealer was desperate for me to register the car in April and not (24 hours later) in May. He offered me a charging cable for free. Then they offered me no credit card fees. Then they offered me both! In the end I received £435 in freebies. I was informed that they wanted to meet sales targets for April.

Yes that makes sense. The later registration is an advantage to BMW (‘newer’ car worth more!) but the end of month registration is an advantage for your dealer.

I paid my deposit for the i3 on the 7th May and just got my email saying that my car has been assembled.

Pretty quick turn-a-round...however I did go for a fairly basic build with very few extras

AndiC said:
I paid my deposit for the i3 on the 7th May and just got my email saying that my car has been assembled.

Pretty quick turn-a-round...however I did go for a fairly basic build with very few extras

Are you in the UK?

We went for an entirely basic build and are waiting 5-6 months...

AndiC said:

Grrrrrrr! :evil: :twisted:

elptex said:
AndiC said:

Are you in the UK?

We went for an entirely basic build and are waiting 5-6 months...

Yeah...live in sunny Glasgow (so plenty of free charging points)
My order seems to have matched a cancellation...so probably just lucky (i3 Rex in white)
Dealership is hinting at a mid June hand over.

Back