UK Order v Delivery Dates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi MindMachine...

Respectfully have to disagree...

Being able to buy the car is a long way from taking ownership... we paid for and bought our car on Dec 29th 2013.

We are expected to take delivery in late June...

That's nearly 6 months from actual order to delivery... we've no way to know for sure... but from comments on the forums and FB I don't think it's taking anywhere near that long in the US...

But the US is a key market... especially in EV terms (with Tesla already blazing a trail)... so I understand why might prioritise...

No fun waiting though! :)

Gonville said:
Flew over Sherwood Forest at 800ft in a Tiger Moth today. Couldn't see any silver i3 but the goggles obscured my vision.

What an amazing contrast in technology.

Ha! I've parked it inside the "major Oak"!

There used to be a TM at Tollerton Airport, loved to see it land on the rough grass!

VintageMark said:
Hi MindMachine...

Respectfully have to disagree...

Being able to buy the car is a long way from taking ownership... we paid for and bought our car on Dec 29th 2013.

We are expected to take delivery in late June...

That's nearly 6 months from actual order to delivery... we've no way to know for sure... but from comments on the forums and FB I don't think it's taking anywhere near that long in the US...

But the US is a key market... especially in EV terms (with Tesla already blazing a trail)... so I understand why might prioritise...

No fun waiting though! :)

Not really much different here, I ordered with a non refundable deposit on April 7th and don't expect to get the car until sometime in September.
Now some dealers have a car or two in their showrooms for demo, but if you want some choice options, you have to order and wait.

Pretty happy, finally collecting on the 5th June. Definitely looks like timings are down to the finish that you order.

I ordered in Jan with a standard interior and left most of the rest as standard except for park assist and winter packages (as I’m gong to lease I did not see much point in loading it any more for the benefit of BMW!) and it looks like I’m still waiting until Sept! :cry:

Mine finally arrived early today and I love it!

Happy to get free prof nav upgrade I wasn't expecting (order 29 Nov).

BpYIhrxIMAA4KNj.jpg

Silver Rex on loan Monday for three days. Yippee.

Looking forward to testing the 32 amp charger installed by BG last week.

Also listening to the HK speakers. See if I can tell any difference. Might have to load up some classical music in the iPhone?

Must try:-

• parking auto
    ACC in sunlight
    Park selection without parking brake/handbrake
    Type 2 public charge (not sure if it has DC)
    Anything else?

Anyone tell me how to check if the AC has been turned on properly? And how to check that I get full charge from the 32 amp unit? Chargemaster/Polar?

Just received an email. They have finished building my i3 and it will be wending its way to the dealer very soon!

What do we reckon? 4 weeks?

For all people waiting in the uk I've just had a conversation with my dealer and he has advised the car might be ready sooner than thought....

He has mentioned that deliveries to the uk might be getting there two to four weeks sooner than expected which is good news for all...

bishbosh said:
For all people waiting in the uk I've just had a conversation with my dealer and he has advised the car might be ready sooner than thought....

He has mentioned that deliveries to the uk might be getting there two to four weeks sooner than expected which is good news for all...

Where are they all? BMW say building 100 a day, does not seem that many owners appearing not in UK anyway.

My dealer just keeps repeating his mantra 'The car production is week 32 for delivery week 35.” Which is 4 Aug and 25 Aug respectively (I had to look that up as surprisingly I don’t work in ‘weeks’!). Its a little disappointing how little info we get. It would be nice to be able to track the order on the web so I cant understand why this facility is available in the USA but not here. My dealer is also fascinated by the idea that I would want to wait for the ‘new’ UK Sept plate - no I don’t - as its a lease car so i don’t care!

MikeS said:
My dealer just keeps repeating his mantra 'The car production is week 32 for delivery week 35.” Which is 4 Aug and 25 Aug respectively (I had to look that up as surprisingly I don’t work in ‘weeks’!). Its a little disappointing how little info we get!
I'm not sure what other information any dealer would be able to give until production starts.

I'm getting that too only 10 weeks later 42 and 45. Think of it as an early Christmas present.

I wonder if they have skewed the UK deliveries to boost the final quarter numbers? Are they running a year on year comparison from the start of sales?

Seems like if I was in the US and I ordered now I'd still get it before November!

On the web site I have hassled for this the last two times and nothing changed.

I asked for the European Delivery option too. I.e. collect at factory with tour. No dice. UK customers all corporate? Maybe? One day. Perhaps?

RJSATLBA said:
MikeS said:
My dealer just keeps repeating his mantra 'The car production is week 32 for delivery week 35.” Which is 4 Aug and 25 Aug respectively (I had to look that up as surprisingly I don’t work in ‘weeks’!). Its a little disappointing how little info we get!
I'm not sure what other information any dealer would be able to give until production starts.

It would be good if we could track the order on the web as they can in the USA. That at least would tell us if there is any truth in various rumours about earlier delivery or delayed delivery owing to trim levels!

I discovered something interesting when I re-read the printout the dealer gave me of the projected build and delivery weeks.

As well as those two dates it had a field that said "allocation month". November for mine.

Now do you suppose each dealer has a fixed allocation each month? Would I get an earlier slot by phoning all the dealers to find one who is under selling their allocation?

Back