agzand

Mazda confirms MX-30 REX

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:40 pm

Mazda finally confirmed there will be a MX-30 REX in US in 2022. This is the only other vehicle with a REX, although they call it a PHEV. Since i3 is discontinued this will be the closest alternative in US market.

https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/elect ... ric-hybrid

Arm

Re: Mazda confirms MX-30 REX

Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:36 am

It's such a non-starter this car in so many ways. The looks, the tech, the drivetrain....it's so outdated even before it was released. Absolutely no comparison to the i3...in particular the i3s.

MKH
Gold Member

Re: Mazda confirms MX-30 REX

Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:13 am

Mazda finally confirmed there will be a MX-30 REX in US in 2022
Yeah, and right after that announcement, Mazda privately told reporters almost the opposite

From the Japanese auto industry news:
After confirming the return of the rotary engine as early as the first quarter of next year, Mazda could be forced to scrap the MX-30 range-extended altogether, according to a new report.

Japanese sources told industry journal Automotive News Mazda is considering ditching the rotary range-extender because the presence of both the unusual engine and a big battery would make the vehicle too expensive.
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch Rial X10-i wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

Return to “News and Main BMW i3 Forum Discussions”