i3 servicing - Is the Service Inclusive poor value

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonS

We are in the process of ordering an i3, and the dealer has 'magically' included the Service Inclusive package.

Am wondering if this is a good option, since the one being ordered does not have the range extender ICE and therefore does not have engine oil, spark plugs and all the rest.

Does anyone have any info regarding servicing costs (particularly for the all-elaectric version) ?

With the BEV, as far as I know the only "services" is checking codes (once a year?) and a brake fluid flush every two years.

That's all that shows up on my service monitor in the car.

kevinb61,

Many thanks, I rather thought that the 'Service Inclusive' and 'Supaguard' were code names for extra dealer profit!

....and I am learning BEV and REX and all the other TLA's...slowly

JonS said:
We are in the process of ordering an i3, and the dealer has 'magically' included the Service Inclusive package.

Am wondering if this is a good option, since the one being ordered does not have the range extender ICE and therefore does not have engine oil, spark plugs and all the rest.

Does anyone have any info regarding servicing costs (particularly for the all-elaectric version) ?

You should post your location at least country as it helps others respond to your questions, but in the USA 4 years of service is included anyway.

In the UK i believe service inclusive is £375 for 5 years for BEV and REX alike.

This strikes me as good value at about £75 per year, particularly compared with normal service costs for non electric 'premium' cars. My current car cost more for 1 year than the i3 for all 5 and that was a routine service on a 2 year old car. Regardless of how little work is required the cost is pretty nominal and would doubtless make the car easier to resell later, assuming it is transferable.

Australia offers 3 year service. I recently moved here to Australia. It takes some getting used to doing things the-Aus-way. Cars can cost twice as much and service period is often reduced.

The BMW service (including Rex) is far cheaper than I paid the Leaf - typically between £100 and £200 a year depending on the service schedule. Its very good value!

Back