When will my i3 start production

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola

I am in northern California and my production number in 0607184. I placed my order on February 7th (BEV Terra model) and was told it would enter production late March or early April with delivery to dealership in early May. Any predictions out there?

I ordered a Tera BEV in April with a number that is 54 higher than yours. I have heard estimates for production that range from June through July. I didn't want the tech pkg or parking asst, so I might be paying the price of having to wait. At least we can practice driving at the dealer sponsored driving events this month and next.

The best way to get updates is from your dealer. The BMWUSA site lags reality.

I also don't think the production number is great indicator of actual production build sequence. However as a reference point, I ordered my i3 BEV around the same time you did and have a production number about 350 lower than yours. My car went into production 4/18, was on the boat 5/9, and today is going through the Panama Canal.

Buskraut said:
The best way to get updates is from your dealer. The BMWUSA site lags reality.

I also don't think the production number is great indicator of actual production build sequence. However as a reference point, I ordered my i3 BEV around the same time you did and have a production number about 350 lower than yours. My car went into production 4/18, was on the boat 5/9, and today is going through the Panama Canal.

Did you order a Tera?

I agree with Buskraut. The dealer always has the option to trade or otherwise obtain an earlier allocation. I was told be BMWUSA today that my production date was tentatively set for 27 July. I hope to get better news this Friday when I go to the dealer for the test drive.

The BMW website said "production begins" 3 weeks ago. It still says that the status is "production begins" Does anyone know how long it takes to complete production?
Devin solar orange REx Midwest US

About two weeks I am told. I have found that the BMW web site for tracking your vehicle is almost always behind the times by several days or by up to a week or a bit more.

For reference we got our production number (0607124) on April 13 and yesterday (June 11) the BMW site showed it was in production. So that was about 8-9 weeks. Our is a custom build with just the options we wanted:

i3_in_Production.png

It appears that BMW is taking it's time with the QA process at the factory. Normally a car (BMW or MINI) would be assembled after a week or two, then transported via truck or train to the port (boat) after another week or two but I think BMW is being extra thorough with i3 production and quality checks to be sure each one gets delivered as promised.

My REx began production on May 21, was actually built on May 30, and now is waiting to get on a ship but hasn't yet been assigned one per the Concierge. As of right now, the BMWUSA website still says "Production Begins" even though it's definitely finished. I am guessing it won't get on a boat until the end of the month or beginning of July...hope I am wrong.

MikeS said:
Not so careful if they total miss out the navigation!

You are more right than you may realize. I was given an opportunity to buy a low-end Mega REx model (with the 20" wheels option--go figure), but it appears that a number of these low-end Mega models didn't have ANY navigation. Yes you read that correctly. BMW is figuring out how to rectify the problem, either through a retrofit (which might not even be possible) or a credit.

As you might guess, I passed on this one.

David

Only about 10 i3 BEVs made the ship Manon yesterday, June 17th. They are late April, early May production. I wonder what's holding the factory up? The BEVs don't have the CEL issue and the leather shortage is the only issue affecting the Teras.

Latest posts

Back