how to start car after air-deployment

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniwan

Hi guys
im new to forum, i have got an 2020 i3 panda spec, which my wife, drove in the piler in our car park, which deployed the airbags, currently the car will not start or move , does any one know how to get driving again , ie get air bags replaced , and reset , computer rest , or is there a piro switch on the car before the car will drive.

thanks for any help in advance

dani -uk

there is a module in the HV battery which also recognizes the crash and needs resetting. Further there is a Piro on the 12V battery

BMW needs to to check the battery for damages before doing that! That forced disconnect is there for a reason. When the airbags deploy the impact must have been pretty severe.

Do you have any power? Or is just showing HV system not active?

there is a way to by pass airbag deployment and start the car. you need to run a positive wire from the 12v to the HV disconnect, then it will bypass all the airbag sensor and let you start the car. I have to take a look. don't hold me to it, but I think for green connector, its the first wire on the row with 4 wires...

Back