2017 i3 BEV - Still born?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm conflicted as well (see my recent post: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931459)

I understand they wanted to / had to keep the same form factor. But why not give more choices of colors for the exterior and more interior options?

I must say that I really like the rear doors! This car is my daily commuter and I always open the rear door and place my briefcase on the rear seat every morning. It's actually MORE convenient with it opening the way it does. And now I installed a car set for my toddler. This too is very convenient as I place her directly on the seat, no sideways motions needed.

FWIW, BMW does not offer a huge range of colors for most of their cars (lots of greys and black - mostly lighter colors). On some models, you can customize things (at fairly significant costs!), but that option has not been (at least that I can tell) available for the i3. I, too, though, would prefer a bigger range of colors, but that would likely also include interior, and sourcing the leather in green form may be tougher at the likely volume levels. Nothing insurmountable, but not sure most people would want to pay the difference.

Back