2020 i3s REx Tera World

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2oc

Hi, I have bought a Panda i3s REx with black wheels in Sep 2023. The panda is pretty loaded.
Tech+ DAP
Full leather
Wireless Qi charger
Sunroof
Harman/kardon sound.

Mods so far:
MINI OE Stubby antenna from a MINI that I used to own a decade ago
Weathertech headlamp film
Weathertech trunk mat
BMW i rubber mats
Euro mirrors on both side
Carbon mirror shell
Osram dynamic mirror blinker
Wokeby frunk cover
Pre LCI center net storage
Pre LCI front seat rear panel with storage net
Blackvue dashcam with blendmount
Zimmerman drilled rotors with ATE ceramic pads
DOT 5.1 brake fluid
Rear fog light enabled
Homelink Mirror with compass (since they deleted compass sometime 2019)
Qi charger extension for bigger phones
Additional trunk light on the left

Last edited:
I would like to see pictures of some the mods. Specifically the Homelink mirror and how you did it.
Well, its a plug and play for me, since the car have homelink to begin with, all i did was bought a mirror with homelink and compass.

Homelink Mirror with compass (since they deleted compass sometime 2019)
Our 2019 U.S. Giga World i3 has a compass in the rear-view mirror. Your higher trim Tera World i3 should have all the features included in our Giga World trim.

What year is your i3? If it's a 2019, maybe it was manufactured after 24 January 2019 which was when ours was manufactured.

Our 2019 U.S. Giga World i3 has a compass in the rear-view mirror. Your higher trim Tera World i3 should have all the features included in our Giga World trim.

What year is your i3? If it's a 2019, maybe it was manufactured after 24 January 2019 which was when ours was manufactured.
mine is 2020, sep 2020 build. was a bit suprised that it hasn't switched to MY2021 in september.

mine is 2020, sep 2020 build. was a bit suprised that it hasn't switched to MY2021 in september.
I assumed that yours is a U.S. i3, but maybe not.

A lack of certain computer chips during the pandemic might have resulted in a mirror without a compass being installed. Odd things like this were happening during the pandemic.

A lack of certain computer chips during the pandemic might have resulted in a mirror without a compass being installed. Odd things like this were happening during the pandemic.
It is a US spec car and spent most of its life in bay area CA, glad it has the harman kardon, big screen idrive and the leather all together. Sunroof is just a bonus for me so I don't need to worry the peeling roof down the road. Heard that the big screen idrive and especially harman kardon are hard to get in MY2021

What I can figure out, the compass in the Homelink mirror was on installed up to a production date of around 11/2019. So before the pandemic. I would guess it was a cost savings measure for BMW to cheapen up a little here, a little there, and charge a higher price. VW did the same thing on their cars.

All the cars I had with a Homelink mirror had the compass, except for this one. The compass is a function of the mirror, not the car and the mirror is available new and used, and would probably be plug and play for my 2021.

I'd like to find a used one and give it shot because a new one is really pricey.

It is a US spec car and spent most of its life in bay area CA, glad it has the harman kardon, big screen idrive and the leather all together. Sunroof is just a bonus for me so I don't need to worry the peeling roof down the road. Heard that the big screen idrive and especially harman kardon are hard to get in MY2021
What is a big screen idrive? And how would it differ from my 2021 screen? Pictures please.

If you look at MY 2021 i3s for sale on Ebay and check out the photos, you will soon see what he means. The narrow screen central displays are visually very obvious when you see photos of a car with that type.

OK, got pics for the panda now.
Latest addition
Eucalyptus dash (from dark oak to begin with)
BMW crystal lock pins
Euro spec rear bumper lights, so they flash amber when the trunk opens

Attachments

• 20240210_111540.JPG
    20240210_111540.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240210_111339.JPG
    20240210_111339.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
What I can figure out, the compass in the Homelink mirror was on installed up to a production date of around 11/2019. So before the pandemic. I would guess it was a cost savings measure for BMW to cheapen up a little here, a little there, and charge a higher price. VW did the same thing on their cars.

All the cars I had with a Homelink mirror had the compass, except for this one. The compass is a function of the mirror, not the car and the mirror is available new and used, and would probably be plug and play for my 2021.

I'd like to find a used one and give it shot because a new one is really pricey.
Thats the reason why I went with a 2020 instead of wasting time to find a 2021 with all the options I want.

What is a big screen idrive? And how would it differ from my 2021 screen? Pictures please.
The wide screen is included with the U.S. Technology & Driving Assist package, so the screen isn't a standalone option in the U.S. I don't know whether narrow screens were included in the Technology & Driving Assist package during the period when wide screens weren't available.

Back