5th check engine light in 18 months after the rex shut off throwing a drivetrain failure message

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accidentalyEV

At this point I have 31,000 miles on my 2021 I3s with Rex. I purchased it used with 2,000 miles on it. I just had it in the BMW delaer for the 5th check engine light after the rex started one recent winter morning and it shut off 120 seconds after starting and almost caused me to be stranded. A drivetrain failure message came up on the display. The dealer told me the black box recorded a misfire on one of the cylinders and I must have had old gas int he Rex. I quickly told them I recently took 4 long trips and filled up the gas tank from almost empty 5 times so it is impossible for the gas to have been old. The dealer then told me I must use cheap gas and I quickly told them I only use premium gas in all my vehicles. The dealer then said oh ok it must be a one off and don't worry about it. I told the dealer that I am very worried as the Rex is my plan B and to date there have been many problems. In my opinion the dealer sees it as I purchased the car used so the lemon law is out the window and they just have to keep kicking the can down the street telling me these absurd made up nonsensical things until my factory warranty is out. I plan to shine up my I3 and sell it as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back