$9.95 i3 Rug Solution

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idleup

Went looking for some rugs for my i3 on Ebay and such and "Wow" $139 front - $139 for the rear are these people friggen nuts?

Anyhow, I came up with a cost-effective solution - instead of paying $250 for rugs - I found this great rug that actually fits both the front and rear for $9.95 each at Wally World (Wal-Mart). Much to my surprise the color actually compliments the car and goes with my seat colors and also adds a little depth to the black flooring!

At this price I could buy 25 rug sets and just trash them when they get dirty.

Enjoy - Mike

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

Hmm. Not that fussed with the looks, but the price is right!

That carpet has lead in it? :shock:

By the way - it is an automotive carpet so you'll find it in the automotive section with the floor mats - what is neat about it is there is a sewed in indent in the center which goes around the console(s).

Mike

Hey its not "perfect" but for $10 its protecting my new factory carpet and I can just snag it out and clean it easily!

Somebody has to stand up to these crooks charging $250 for a carpet because we have a BMW badge on our car!!

Regards

Mike

Idleup said:
Hey its not "perfect" but for $10 its protecting my new factory carpet and I can just snag it out and clean it easily!

Somebody has to stand up to these crooks charging $250 for a carpet because we have a BMW badge on our car!!

Regards

Mike

2 points: the optional BMW 3-D "carpets" are rubber mats and not at all soft on shoes etc. and

I must ask: do these Walmart mats adhere to the BMW carpet grippers?

Or maybe you didn't get the awful BMW factory ivory carpet mats that get filthy just looking at them????? I decided to let them get filthy in lieu of expense of the BMW 3-D hard-rubber mats.

The Weathertech mat is insanely expensive for what it is, but it fits and works great. The only downside is that it makes the floor look like a utility vehicle although you can put the beige BMW carpet on top if it's "date night" and you want to dress the car up.

Idleup said:

Regards

Mike

*********************************************************************************************

This will be a perfect solution for a short term owner like me.

I have contacts at my local BMW dealership and I can get 25% discount on accessories .
Even with discounts , the mats are insanely expensive .

OP- Thanks for taking time to post pictures to give us a view in to the fit and color

Thanks for the info. I purchased the $10 mats from Walmart. I used an xacto knife to remove the rubber nubbs on the underside of the mat
where the velcro should be (to make it flat). Then I took a few black squares of velcro (with sticky back) and used a hot glue gun to attach to mat. It works great to keep mat in place.

only need to do it to the front mat and only needed on the 2 outside velcro area.

Idleup:

Thanks for the great information! Went to my local Walmart and they had it in stock for $9.95. They also had two rubber all weather mats, same style, for $19.95 (black or grey) that may be an alternative if you live in an area that gets snow like I do.

For now I got the $10 carpet mat to see how it holds up. Again, thanks for the information.

The Walmart rug is a great idea but still not a custom fit and leaves a large space for dirty feet on the passenger side. See tutorial on how to DIY a dirt resistant rug for about $16 or less.

See instructions here url=http://toolsandrags.com/]here[/url]

11008090_720103014777919_2074603525_n.jpg

Excellent post, I ran out to Walmart and bought a set. It worked out perfect, especially since it rained this past weekend!

I have the all weather rug from bmw, expensive but very high quality and great design that fits the i3. Why would you put a cheap rug in such an expensive electric vehicle? I don't get it?

Thank for the tip -- I just bought the gray carpet runner from Walmart for $9.95 too! The
gray matches with the Mega interior and it fill well in the back seat area (aside from being slightly too wide near the center console).

I also bought the $100 BMW i3 rubber mats for the front since I liked the modern gray pattern and blue outline as well as bought a black Lloyds classic mat for the trunk area from AutoAnything.

Incidentally, if anyone wants custom mats for the i3, AutoAnything.com offers Lloyds mats which are a high quality, lower cost alternative to Weathertech mats. In my experience, they have great customer service, provide fast/free shipping and match competitor prices. I just received their Northridge trunk mat in black rubber for the hatchback cargo area.

Back